cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ABAP Distributed Installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I am trying to install NW 7.0 in distributed environment. DB Instance + Central Instance on two different hosts. Question: Do the global file system /sapmnt/SID/ needs to be shared with DB host??. My plan is to setup the DB instance first (DB6) and use this DB during NW 7.0 installation.

Appreciate your response and light on this topic...

Thanks,

kxv.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

There is two way of doing this.

IF <you share the global /sapmnt/SID/  on DB host> ,

THEN it will stop you from doing manual activity.

ELSE IF <it is a dual stack or java stack in case of not sharing>

Then you need to move the global directory to /sapmnt/SID of other host where you installed the CI

because in this case , sltool libraries , secure.properties file are created in DB instance installation.

Moreover , it make three entries in Default profile related to DB.

IF <ABAP stack>

You only need to move the Default profile or mnaully entered the same parameter in Default profile which craeted while installing   ASCS or SCS.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Ash..my scenario will be global host and central ABAP instance on single host, DB instance on separate host. for this setup do I need to share /sapmnt/sid to my DB host, i am thinking not to share to Db host and use the connect user created explicitly on my DB during the central instance installation, can it be doable, I don't see any reason to share the /sapmnt to db host...

Appreciate your response..

kxv.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Where you are install the SAP global host on that host it will create the Share SAPMNT, as you meaning in your setup its will create the share on Central ABAP instance host not on DB host.

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info. my question is whether /sapmnt needs to be shared with DB host on a installation where DB host is separate from CI host...

Appreciate your feedback...

Thanks,

kxv

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Kindly follow the below article

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/27/44f17a26a74a8abfd202c4f5dc9a0f/content.htm

The issues you might face in dual stack and java stack.

1. When installing the PAS , on entering the java component , it will throw error for 61 files missing which resides in sltool directory under global directory /sapmnt of (DB HOST)

2. secstore.properties which created in /sapmnt/<SID>/global directory(of DB HOST) , need to move to /sapmnt/<SID>/global directory of CI

So you need to have a /sapmnt/SID filesytem on both DB HOST and CI host. If you shared them , you will not face above errors while installation.

Else

You will face the above issue including start and stop of sap so in that case , you need to move the required file which will created while installing the DB instance.

It is necessary to have /sapmnt/<SID> on both the DB HOST and CI Host(sharing them depends on your requirement)

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan

Yes, You can install the SAP Global files system on DB host

1. SAP global Host - On DB hosts

2. DB instance       - On DB hosts     

3. SAP Primary application instance  - SAP Application instance host

BR

SS