cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS Project not able to assign a landscape

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a landscape created between source and target and ofcourse the controller system, but when I am trying to select the same, in my project, I am not able to see any landscape, and it takes me to create a landscape. not sure if I am doing it wrong..

Wondering if someone could help. Note: Created landscape is green and is distributed with the RFC's. Am I missing anything..?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineetha,

In which type of project you are trying to assign a landscape ? May be you have not created landscape for that type of project. For eg, when you try to create a landscape you have to choose which type like tdms, hcm, standalone scrambling etc. So check whether you have created landscape for that project type or not.

Thanks,

Anita

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

But tell me, can we create as many landscapes as we want? which means there could be multiple landscapes created for multiple projects, right?

I thought we only have 1 landscape, as there is only 1 source and 1 target here.

I have a system landscape created already ( in the system landscapes) page, which are defined with the RFC destinations. So, I simply started creating a project "TDMS)TEMPLATE_ HCM" assuming that I would assign the landscape which is already existing with the RFC destinations.

How do I know what kind of landscape is /for the one that is already created..

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you can create multiple landscape. on the home screen of landscape work centre first dropdown box is type, you can see from there which landscape belongs to which type. select the desired type from dropdown box and then it will show all existing landscape which belongs to that type. you can not assign a landscape of tdms landscape type to hcm project. you need to create a landscape of type hcm and then assing that to hcm project.

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Interesting..

I think the one already created is "tdms landscape". any idea what we can use this for then? I mean for any specific project type?

Lets say if I now create a new landscape of type HCM, and this helps me to take certain data from the source to the target, can I use another landscape to bring another set of data into the same target landscape? or does it impact.

Coz, I have 1 source and 1 target here, which is ECC/ that has both HCM and FICO.

Now, if I want to select HCM related data, I understood that I selected a landscape related to HCM and then create a project by selecting a HCM template.

Once this is done, can I opt other template / BPL or anything to bring in more data to the same target system on top of what I have extracted earlier?

And once this is done, or while this is being done, can I select/create another landscape and create another project to pull FICO related data to the same target system? would there be a conflict..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use tdms landscape type landscape for any erp package like time based reduction, time based plus company code reduction, master data and customizing data etc etc.

yes, you can create new landscape of different type with same target, there will be no conflicts.

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks anita, Its very helpful,

I will try creating another landscape with HCM type, and will see if it works.

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

BTW, what kind of landscape would you recommend to extract FICO related data, and what template in the project would you suggest.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can go for bpl in case you have specific need in fico....

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

U mean the template while creating a project? but what landscape would it take,?

Coz, lets say I create a landscape of type HCM, and then can I select a BPL template while creating a project to pull FICO data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

it will not take hcm template, for bpl you need tdms landscape template only...

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

which means TDMS is capable of bringing different types of data using different methods with different landscapes into the same target system, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, but in that case you have to be very careful while executing packages. for eg, if you have executed a bpl package to transfer fico data and then if you execute a time based reduction package in the same landscape so it will delete all existing data in target system before bringing new data. So, plan you landscape and package activities accordingly. I would suggest you to go through all how-to-documents, master guide, and application operation guide on service market place to have a better understanding of how tdms works.

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

But why is that? Any technical reason?

Also, with ref to the landscapes,. how is project type/template associated to the same type of landscape? coz to me , a landscape is a landscape that has the same RFC destinations defined..

So, just like we have HCM landscape for HCM template, do you have anything for FICO template? by any chance? or can use the same TDMS landscape.

Answers (0)