cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP consultant career for an end user is good choice ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working as end user of SAP as Warehouse Incharge from last 5 years.

I want to change my field and want to work as SAP consultant. Please guide how to begin.

what are the option for succesfull transformation and job.

thanks inn advance,

Aalok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aalok,

yes, as you have end user experience in warehouse management you can switch towards WM module, or other modules too, what i will suggest you is talk to your concerned higher authority in your company where you are working, and ask him that you wants to be a sap functional consultant.

As you are working from previous 5 yrs. , i hope you will get benifitted with it.

But changing a domain is not so easy, because having worked as an end user , you have got the oppurtunity to work on data which is aleady filled, but how to play with these data is the main work of a functional consultant.

So, based on your interest search on google for various major sap modules, and see yourself in which module you find yourself more passionate, then learn that module from any sap authorised training center, if you gat any chance to work within your own organisation then it will be easy for you, because you don't need to go to the market for job hunt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

1-You need to master one module.

2- need to understand how the SAP implementation/support works.

3- Practice a few mock exercises.

4- Join a team where they can provide you work. In general it is bit easier if you can start in the same place you are working.

Regards

Saurav