cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Definition across Profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We're using Solution Manager 7.1 SPS10, and we're in the process of trying to configure email notifications within the system as requested by our business partners.

One of the requested email notifications was to notify the message processor of a Service Request when a related task had been closed, so that they're aware of the progression of work without having to constantly be logged into the system.

I did some searching, but wasn't able to determine:

1. Which action profile the notification should be created under.

2. How to read fields from one transaction type, which has its own action profile, to use wthin an action definition for a different transaction type/action profile.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, even if just to say it's not possible.

Thanks,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

Please check the following Blog:

Incident Management and Change Request Management: E-Mail functionality in SAP Solution Manager 7.1

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35291

I hope this will help.

Thanks

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thank you for the link. However, it doesn't really cover the situation I'm describing above. The problem is it talks about creating actions within one profile for that specific profile.

As much as the follow-up email is an option, I would prefer the action to be automatic if at all possible.