cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Process Blueprinting Tool (BPB) Publish Error - Solution Manager 7.1 SP10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SCN members!

The company where I work recently implemented the SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP10 and now we are trying to learn how to use the SAP Business Process Blueprinting (BPB) Tool to design all enterprise processes inside it.

I followed all the steps of the official BPB installation guide and from another BPB discussion (http://scn.sap.com/thread/3258935) but the tool is not working properly. Some relevant points are:

• I can create and publish Business Scenarios but can’t do the same with Business Processes

Business Scenario Created and Published:

Business Process created but not published, returning a connection error:

I don’t understand why the tool works for the Business Scenario level but not for the Business Process level. Could anyone help?

The log details are:

traceOutput.0.log

[EXCEPTION] com.sap.bpl.common.exception.BPLInternalServerErrorException: Could not establish connection with server at com.sap.bpl.soco.conn.impl.SoCoConnection.isOperationSuccessful(SoCoConnection.java:98) at com.sap.bpl.soco.conn.impl.SoCoConnection.publish(SoCoConnection.java:70) at com.sap.bpl.ral.resourceaccess.impl.GenericResourceAccess.publish(GenericResourceAccess.java:288) at com.sap.bpl.ebb.transaction.impl.TransactionManager.publish(TransactionManager.java:109) at com.sap.bpl.ebb.transaction.ui.dialogs.PublishPresentationModel.okPressed(PublishPresentationModel.java:130) at com.sap.bpl.ebb.transaction.ui.dialogs.PublishDialog.okPressed(PublishDialog.java:53) at com.sap.bpl.ebb.transaction.ui.dialogs.PublishAndRevertDialog.publishButtonPressed(PublishAndRevertDialog.java:267) at com.sap.bpl.ebb.transaction.ui.dialogs.PublishAndRevertDialog.access$000(PublishAndRevertDialog.java:49) at com.sap.bpl.ebb.transaction.ui.dialogs.PublishAndRevertDialog$2.widgetSelected(PublishAndRevertDialog.java:245) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:228) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3910) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3503) at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825) at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801) at com.sap.bpl.ebb.transaction.ui.handlers.PublishButtonHandler.publish(PublishButtonHandler.java:156) at com.sap.bpl.ebb.transaction.ui.handlers.PublishButtonHandler.execute(PublishButtonHandler.java:107) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:294) at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:476) at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:241) at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(CommandContributionItem.java:770) at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem.access$10(CommandContributionItem.java:756) at org.eclipse.ui.menus.CommandContributionItem$5.handleEvent(CommandContributionItem.java:746) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3910) at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3503) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500) at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493) at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149) at com.sap.bpl.ebb.EBBApplication.start(EBBApplication.java:19) at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368) at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

• The Palette and Standard Shapes are showing just a few options.

Are these the standard design objects or some are missing?

Thank you in advance for the answers!

Best Regards,

Vitor Soutinho

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SCN members!

I solved both of my problems in BPB tool and would like to share with the community the solution.

Basically I recriated both logical ports in soamanager:

• LP_SOCO_SOLAR
  • LP_SMSY

This solved all my problems detected in the tool.

Thanks again for the suggestions showed!

Best Regards,

Vitor Soutinho

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vitor,

Please find all the informations on the BPB tool installation at:

http://service.sap.com/instguides
-> SAP Components
  ->  SAP Solution Manager
   -> Release 7.1

then on the right side
6. Additional Guides -BPB

Also check notes:

2005172 - SSO is not working for BPMN Graphic in SOLAR01/02

1729482 - Cannot view process flow diag. in BPMN Graphics tab(SOLAR01)

1569955 - gSOAP Web Service pop-up while configuring CCMS agent

1708250 - Error when registering remote host for monitoring

Thanks

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

Thank you for your help! I'll check these notes as soon as possible for additional informations about BPB.

Best Regards,

Vitor Soutinho

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos