cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM - Mandatory field in a component configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm am working on the component configuration EHHSS_INC_REC_QAF_BINF_FRM and I need to make a field mandatory. I cannot use the mandatory checkbox attribute in the BOPF EHHSS_INCIDENT because the node BASIC_INFO_ALL is used in multiple screens and I only need it for a specific screen.

I tried with the feeder class in method IF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM~GET_DATA to change the property of the field but it does not work. Does someone knows how to do it?

READ TABLE ct_field_usage[] ASSIGNING <lfs_field_usage> WITH KEY name = 'DESC_TEXT'.
  IF sy-subrc = 0.
    <lfs_field_usage>-mandatory = abap_true.
    ev_field_usage_changed = abap_true.
  ENDIF.

Thank you!

Marie-Josée

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Marie,

If you are using component config, then click on START CONFIGURATOR and go to your corresponding UI element in the view. Click on the UI element and in the right panel, you will get the UI properties. Check the property - STATUS and make it to Required Entry.

Hope it helps you

BR,

RAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, 

thank you for your reply...I appreciate.  I am working on the release 7.31 and I do not see the same screen as you. Which version are you working? What I found is that I can make a field mandatory if I go in the feeder class parameter and at the end of the screen, there is a parameter named "mandatory fields" which you can enter the list of the mandatory field you want. I would prefered to do it the way you said...

Here is the attributes that I can change

Marie-Josée

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am also in same version.

It is a direct approach. Just try it from your component configuration, you can easily make it over.

Still if you feel hard to find it out, please try the below approach from my blog.

BR,

RAM.

bharathi_s3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hi all,

I used the above technique to make some fields as mandatory in my component.

But when I am navigating to another screen, i am unable to make any field mandatory in that component. Though it is showing the mandatory sign(*), while saving it is not showing any error when left without  entering any data.

Thanks in advance.

Bharathi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Marie,

I am also same requirement, unable to find Satus->required field in start configurator Please help how you made field mandatory