Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User mapping - Trusted RFC - 2 SAP Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a problem regarding different user id´s in 2 SAP systems.

We have a global SAP system and a local SAP system. On our global SAP we have a BSP application. This BSP writes data into local SAP.

The picture shows in scenario 2 that we have local SAP where the user has a different user ID to global SAP. It is not possible to harmonize it. So we need a user mapping.

Are there any SAP standard functionalities for this topic?

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

No ideas? Please!

0 Kudos

I'll bite.

This setup is the most unfortunate that I have seen in a long time, I'm sorry to say. No offense, but how will you consolidate this once you have several BSP instead of just one ... assuming (like it mostly is) that develpment goes on and on.

The simplest way to console your problem is to ask the basis guys (or security) to create a range of specific UserID's on which all the local participants can agree and work with users from said range only.

Everything that you can technically do to approximate what you call "mapping" consists of considerable monetary effort in both, hard- and soft- and wetware. For example: install some kind of LDAP as an intermediary between systems or any other kind of Identity management. It just defies the purpose, really.

Sorry, I know this isn't what you want to read, but there it is. I'll just leave that here.