cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project builder network activity assignment issue to network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have requirement to create multiple network under various WBS for same project for various activities. System should assign different internal no to the networks within the same project when the activities are created under different WBS. This is suppose to be the standard behavior of System when i configure new network type (ZPS1 in this example) and assign the Internal no range (500000-599999), Network no will be created using this no Range.

When i create Internal Activity in CJ20N, under different WBS. System assign only 1 internal network no under 1 WBS and add 2nd activity of another WBS under the same network as below.

After Saving the Project , System create only 1 network (500009) as below.

I need to have System create another network no as 500010 under WBS PC-00006-001-P02. Can anybody suggest what is the issue and why system not creating another network no and adding Activity "Test labor 2" Under network 500009.

Your help will be fairly Rewarded. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member341917
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in Project Profile under Plg board/dates tab Under Network Network assignment as 1 or 2  if it is 1 only one network will be create and if it is 2 u can have multiple network.

Hope it will solve the issue

Regards

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Avinash,

Thanks for the help. I have made the suggested change and issue is resolved. 🙂

Appreciate you prompt response.

Ashish

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue Resolved hence Thread is closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must have selected the network assignment value 1 - for Project Defintion level and hence one

Change this value to 2 - for WBS element level in Project profile.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please create New network under L3 WBS element then you have to create Activity that time system give different activity number

as per above mentioned screen shots showing - same activity numbers why because - while creating activity system has considered same Network number to L3 wbs element

please create new Network under L3 WBS Element

then your issue will be clear

Thanking you

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open only WBS PC-00006-001-P02  Element in project builder and create Activity under that. this creates new network and activity.

Try this...

Regards,

Bhadra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

why are you following this process. ? I mean why not each WBS should have networks and within that networks there should be activities.

Its better to create a new network under WBS PC-00006-001-P02 so that system must assign the network number as 500010 and within that network you should create activity as Test Labor 2.

Regards,

Amit