cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Borders in tables of adobe form

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a table in adobe form.Table was created using sub forms,all columns are individually defined into a separate sub forms-flowed.

In one column,data field will have multiple lines,lines increase according to data,but borders between the columb are not increasing/expanding

according to the data,so I get half line borders

Pleas let me know how to increase/expand the borders between the columbs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deepthi,

Even after creating individual sub forms on each column in a table, you are getting this problem because all these sub forms are not interconnected.

If you do not interconnect these sub forms, how will the sub forms come to know up to what height they should adapt depending on that sub form which takes too much height.

You should do this using Nested sub forms. Suppose you have 3 columns in a table.

Wrap 3rd column in a sub form ------> name it as sub form3

Wrap 2nd column and sub form3 in a sub form ------> name it as sub form2

Wrap 1st column and sub form2 in a sub form ------> name it as sub form1

This solution will solve the problem related to all columns. Now all these columns are interconnected with each other.

If value in column1 occupies too much height compared to other 2 columns, those 2 columns(column2 and column3) will adapt the height of column1.

If value in column2 occupies too much height compared to other 2 columns, those 2 columns(column1 and column3) will adapt the height of column2.

If value in column3 occupies too much height compared to other 2 columns, those 2 columns(column1 and column2) will adapt the height of column3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for the suggestion,its working and does it create any problem to the data flow,if we create

sub forms based on column combinations?

I have another issues as well,I have added the text elements in the header row and bidden to the

text modules ,but I can see the header text only on first page ,in other pages space is accommodated for the header but text is not printed/

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deepthi,

As far as I know, it does not create any problems if you are using sub forms based on column combinations. But If you are worried, create a copy of the form in a local object and do the changes in the copy form and then test it. You will come to know.

Regarding the second issue.

If you want to display headers in all pages, use Overflow Leader. It will solve this problem.

1) Wrap all the header fields in a sub form of type "Positioned". Name it as header_sub.

2) Go to the main table sub form.

3) In that, Go to Pagination Tab. In Overflow leader field, select header_sub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I have already done all the settings for repeating header row over multiple pages and it is working fine also but  the header is coming alone in first page. It should not come as there is no item data below that.The output is coming as :

Please let me know your views on this.

Regards

Answers (0)