cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question - how to use CRM_UI HTML MAIL FORMS with ChaRM

0 Kudos

Dear Solution Manager Experts,

I’ve got a question, related to the CRM 7.0 functionality with HTML MAIL Forms.

As you know the current SolMan 7.1 contains a CRM 7.0. In some events SAP has told that this includes a feature called “HTML Mail Forms”.

However I cannot find helpful details or documentations, and the SolMan itself does not contain any templates and hints.

In SolMan ChaRM (Change Request Management) within the Action-Profile SMCR__ACTIONS there are 2 actions

SMCR_SEND_MAIL_CHANGE_MANAGER

SMCR_SEND_MAIL_REQUESTER

that probably use these mail forms.

They call the method SEND_MAIL_WITH_MAIL_FORMS (interface IF_EX_EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF in class CL_IM_AI_IM_MAIL_FORMS in EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF der implementation AI_IM_MAIL_FORMS).

As said, I cannot find a template or further details how to activate or use this.

The Mail Forms themselves can be created directly in CRM_UI. But there are no examples.

a)   * can someone provide an example for such a Mail Form, with dynamically filled fields (Description, Requestor, Change Manager, Current Processor, …, link to CRM UI transaction)?

b)   * what else (besides SCOT and Conditions) do I need to do so that a HTML Mail is sent (I’m interested in the CRM_UI HTML Mail Form specific part)?

c)  

Best regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know this is an old post, but I wrote a blog post about mail forms that may be helpful if anyone has this issue.   Hope it helps.

Robyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Did you get any solution to your problem. I am also facing the same problem. Appreciate if you can help. Thanks.

Regards,

Smita

0 Kudos

Hello Daniyar

You are writing "Activate CRM_IC_CEBP bussiness function in SFW5 ... note 1983807 describes the problem".

Activation was done successfully.

But the generated email is still unchanged.

The email still contains the descriptions instead of the content.

So something is still missing.

Could you please further assist?

Best regards,

Peter

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

did you select the "Service Request Attributes" in the Attribute Context field of the Mail Form? In your picture, I see this field in blank. Once you select the context, you can select attributes using the Attribute button, then the HTML code will be generated.

In case you want to see the code, check class CL_CRM_PML_ATTR_CONTEXT_SQM, method GET_CONTEXT_ATTRIBUTES. This is the place where the fields are filled.

Regards,

Raquel

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Please check below Blog and KBA:

Incident Management and Change Request Management: E-Mail functionality

in SAP Solution Manager 7.1

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35291

1831361 - Solution Manager - Changing status in CRM_UI gives BSP error

Exception Class - CX_SY_DYN_CALL_PARAM_MISSING

Thanks

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

Thanks for your reply.

But unfortunately http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35291 is not really helpful for our demand.

Section 1-3 describe how to send E-Mails as per transaction type "0005".

However these E-Mails do not contain any details on the preceeding transaction, they are just blank emails.

My main question is now:

- how can I create the proper "attribut context"?

- do I need additional coding, Badis or whatever?

- how can we ensure that the variable fields are filled as required.

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Yes it's kind a confusable to use but i can help you, a solved  this on my side yerstoday Solman 7.1 SP10.

• to use it you need to create mail forms from scratch, please have a look at Solman_setup - CHARM - and find Email notifications its in 5 or 6 big step i think.
  • Second to get this work you need to activate some object in SWF5

Im not at home now, as soon as i reach home i will explain step by step

Don't worry Its working !

Rg Dan

0 Kudos

Hello Daniyar,

I made some progress - but did not succeed to the very end.

The settings on my system were performed following 2 information sources:

a)  a)  SolMan help at
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp11/helpdata/en/3d/5b0a5b99714ffca72941337c97be58/content.htm?fram...

b)   b) E-Mail settings and template in SolMan Setup
SOLMAN_SETUP -> Change Request Management -> 4. Perform Optional Configuration -> Set up E-Mail Notifications
In topic “Adapt E-Mail Templates“ there is a template source code that was copied.

I’ve taken the template and copied the source code into a Mail Form ZMCR_02

<HTML>

<HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv=content-type></HEAD>

<BODY> <P>

<FONT size=2 face=Arial>Dear Colleague,</FONT></P>

<FORM> <P>

<FONT size=2 face=Arial>You are the change manager of the following administrative change, and there are some actions which you should perform on it.</FONT>

</P> <P>

<FONT size=2 face=Arial>Description  </FONT>

<INPUT dir=ltr id=%SAP_CRMS_SRQM_GEN_FIELDS-CRM_SRQM_DESC value=Description>

<FONT size=2><BR><FONT face=Arial>Status </FONT></FONT>

<INPUT dir=ltr id=%SAP_CRMS_SRQM_GEN_FIELDS-CRM_SRQM_STATUS value=Status>

<FONT size=2><BR><FONT face=Arial>Priority </FONT></FONT>

<INPUT dir=ltr id=%SAP_CRMS_SRQM_GEN_FIELDS-CRM_SRQM_PRIORITY value=Priority><BR>

<FONT size=2 face=Arial>Service Request Complete Date </FONT>

<INPUT dir=ltr id=%SAP_CRMS_SRQM_GEN_FIELDS-CRM_SRQM_CMPL_DATE value="Service Request Complete Date"><BR>

<FONT size=2 face=Arial>Document ID </FONT> <INPUT dir=ltr id=%SAP_CRMS_SRQM_GEN_FIELDS-CRM_SRQM_NUMBER value="Service Request ID">

<FONT size=2><BR></FONT></P><BR><BR> <P><FONT size=2 face=Arial>Click here to </FONT>

<A href="http://my.system.com:8000/sap/bc/bsp/sap/crm_ui_start/default.htm?CRM-OBJECT-TYPE=AIC_OB_CMCR&CRM-OB...">

<FONT size=2 face=Arial>open the document</FONT></A></P> <P>

<FONT size=2 face=Arial>Best regards,<BR>SAP Solution Management Administration</FONT>

</P></FORM>

<BR><BR></BODY>

</HTML>

This results in a form that looks like this:

I’ve copied the standard action and created a customer specific action Z_ZMCR_MAIL_CHANGEMGR_2 that can be executed in dialog, and that at the end starts the method SEND_MAIL_WITH_MAIL_FORMS.

The parameters of the container were changed to refer to the Mail Form and to contain a valid sender address.

Unfortunately, when I execute the action the variable fields are not filled at all.

So the crucial point is to build the Mail Form properly.

In our case the variables are not evaluated.

The link is not valid.

What needs to be done to create a proper Mail Form?

Best regards,

Peter

helmut_schrder
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

we have same issue. Have you find a solution of dynamically filled fields?

Regards,

Helmut

helmut_schrder
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Daniyar,

which objects are activated in SWF5? We do not find any documentation.

Regards,

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Activate CRM_IC_CEBP bussiness function in SFW5.

note 1983807 describes the problem

Regards Daniyar