Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable the CTRL + Copy Option in Webdynpro abap

ananth_anni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I Have one requirement , I have created Text View and Formatted Text View . now client asking me to avoid the coping the text by using CTRL + C , anyhow Right click copy will not work in Webdynpro abap , now they came with CTRL + C option should to avoided so that they cannot copy the text .

Please help on this .

Appreciate on quick answer .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

one workaround would be to replace the text with an image. But I believe it makes more sense convincing the customer that his / her requirement does not make much sense. Does it? Once you see any content, you can print the screen and you have it. So if it is a security reason, you do not benefit much.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth,

It is not possible to restrict the user from doing CTRL + C function as there is no provision to avoid the CTRL+C function on TEXT VIEW or any other ui elements texts in WD.

Moreover, this is the function of browser, hence cannot be controlled at WD.

Regards,

Rama

ananth_anni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna ,

Thanks for your reply.

But i heard with my friends , some of the other technologies have this future and might be this has been controlled by Technologieg not by browser .

Can any solution .....

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

some of the other technologies have this future

It's a feature with Java Script( or other scripting languages). You can not use JS in WDA.

Regards,

Kiran

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth,

As Kiran said, you can restrict the copy of text from its elements in javascript but in WDA you cannot have the control.

Please find the comments from WD expert ( Mr. Thomas Jung ) as below

Regards,

Rama

ananth_anni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram ,

thanks , but the above link below comment was given ,

I would suggest you display the field as a password field, if that is feasible for you. So that it would be encrypted and displayed as (*).

If have idea can you please elaborate on his.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth,

You can make input fields as password fields but unfortunately, we do not have this option for other ui elements... like text edit

To make an input field as password field, need to check the property "passwordField" .

Regards,

Rama