cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice output to be added as an attachment in the same invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using attachment functionality in R/3 System & we have a requirement that the output associated to that invoice should be attached to the same invoice as a PDF format, can this be achieved in simpler ways.

I am looking more at standard ways or with minimal developments, below is the logic which am planning but it is complex

1. PDF conversion to be adopted, but not sure on how it works on batch job ( if this is possible, please let me know)
  2. Populating the output in an application layer as a PDF by batch job using VF31 transaction ( not clear on the way the naming convention that can be made on such things & hence presume for naming convention atleast i need to go for custom development).
  3. I was indicating about naming convention in the earlier step which will be useful for me when i create a z-program that will take the file name & opens the invoice in VF02 & take that PDF for attaching it.

if we have any other alternatives, please let me know.

Regards

Ilango

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At the first outset, I dont think, this is possible.  Moreover, this approach is definitely not recommended since it will severely impact on the system performance and if there is a Security Team, they will not allow to have this practice.

Normally, either we can send as PDF attachment to any internal user via email or this can also be sent externally via PDF.  There is also an option to view as PDF from the existing output itself.

G. Lakshmipathi