cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Views for Oracle11 connection in IDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have created an Oracle Client Connection to my IDT and trying to pull some of tables in Data Foundation. However I do not see any views to pull in there.

Same views I can see in SQL developer meaning that I have sufficient rights to access the view. Can somebody help me with how I can use views from Oracle connection in IDT.

I am using BI 4.0 SP05.

Regards,

Tejas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

View are like tables only for IDT and should not have an issue while importing it, similar as tables.

Are you able to pull tables from the same schema where views are there.

Also try to use the same connection credentials, that you have used for checking views in SQL developer.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gaurav for you time.

If view and tables are same in IDT to import then views would have been visible and accessible which is not the case.

Yes, I am using the same credentials I do for SQL developer.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible for you to create one test table in same schema where views are there and try to use that in IDT or any existing table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding to that, sometimes it is also caused due to owner / qualifier name in universe parameters, but that parameter works similar for table and column in same schema.

So just wanted to see if your table can be imported but not views in same schema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My data foundation is ready with all tables from same schema. Only thing stopping to build business layer is views. I can access tables but not views. If you have oracle db, could you try and let me know?

I think I am asking you more than expected but still if you could do it, would be of great help.

Regards,

Tejas

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI..

You can access the Tables but not able to access the View....Check the following options.

1. The views are now active or not.

1. SELECT * FROM SCHEMA NAME.VIEW NAME in the Oracle SQL developer. If you are not able to access and getting the error. Please request to give access the View's.

1. If you are able to see the access and get the approvals to use. Then you can bale to include that views in the data foundation.

1. view has been recompiled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try running the below query using the universe connection by logging into your database. Check if you can see the view in the list. If you dont see then please ask your DBA to give read rights on the view.

Replace SchemaName(within singlequote) with the database user name you are giving in universe connection.

select null, U1.owner, U1.object_name, U1.object_type, null from all_objects U1 where U1.object_type in ('TABLE', 'VIEW', 'SYNONYM') and U1.object_name LIKE '%'  /* Type selection: can be empty */  and U1.owner = '<SchemaName>' /* Owner selection: can be empty */ ORDER BY 4, 2, 3

Thanks,

Laxmi