cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data table and complex table transactions?

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have defined a data table transaction for an object with non-sap backend,since they are used to allow the users to modify records in data table how the update step should be written ?.In ATE->inspect->transactions, i could not see the transaction is applied.Can any explain the procedure in detail ?.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you tried to modify the data table on the device, or update the backend with the input values?

Stephen

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.Iam trying to update the back end with input values

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would need to create a backend step based on the type of back end you are using and you will need use the <<transaction.ObjectName>> for pull the values for the transaction fields you are called.

Stephen

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply .I have defined the following update step to update the fields of shippers data table to back end.It is working fine

UPDATE

Shippers

SET

CompanyName = '<<transaction.CompanyName>>'

WHERE

ShipperID = '<<transaction.ShipperID>>'

I have defined a screenset,that contains shipperID and CompanyName,ShipperID field  edit type is data table drop down,Is it possible to update the CompanyName based on the ShipperID i have selected from first dropdown.I know that a rule should be written that makes use of the function TABLE ,where we need to pass datatable name but when i select the table name the rule editor is showing error "Not a valid choice"

Please help me how to achive this..

Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sravanthi,

Put an update rule on the CompanyName screen field.

The rule should look like this:

TABLE

DTMyTable (This is a constant field)

Current Screen Set -> Current Detail Screen -> ShipperID Field (Use the object browser to set this up correctly)

This will automatically update the CompanyName field with the data table value for whatever is selected in the ShipperID data table drop down.  Let me know if this works for you.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for helping me.I have tried the way you suggested.It is working fine.

Regards

Sravanthi Polu

Answers (0)