cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Iam basically a BW consultant and i would like to learn the APO Demand Planning.Could you suggest me the documents relating to the basics in a step by step manner.And could you suggest me the scenarios related documents also to create easily in Demand Planning.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should search in this forum for similar request.

Please go through this book by Jörg Dickersbach - "Supply chain management with APO" form Springer publications.

For a BW consultant to move into APO - Demand Planning the starting point will be Data Mart. The entire BW component is available in APO and infoproviders are used to store sales history data as well as to backup data form liveCache.

Also take a look at the following forum threads

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi somnath,

Thanks for your helpful answer.But i need any scenario u created in demand planning with scren shots.Basing on that i will develop my scenario logic.In this i need the documents any for step by step and all.please take it as serious thing.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

First of all I cannot share any screenshots or documents with you - neither is that intended on this forum.

Secondly - what scenario are you talking about. "Any scenario" is very generic.

Please look into

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

where the InfoObjects in DP and the DP Data Mart should be your starting point.

Next the Planning Object Structures and Planning Area details for understanding more about the APO-Demand Planning architecture.

Also I could not understand what you meant by "please take it as serious thing".

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

I mentioned in the last regarding "please take it as serious thing" means it is nothing but please take my problem as serious.If you have any documents,screen shots relationg to Demand Planning please send them to my yahoo mail id if possible.My mail id is ..phanigudipati2005@yahoo.com.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Somanath and all who helped me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Phani,

being a BW guy, you have the kind of tendency to look from BW side. Let me tell you first that APO is more conceptual and you need to understand it and be able to imagine stuff.

Here is the best practices<a href="http://help.sap.com/bp_pharmav1470/Pharma_DE/Pharma_DE/HTML/SCM_EN_DE.htm">Pharma Scenario</a> document that can answer all your questions. I did answer my questions. I was also in BW before.

You first better look at Demand Planning (DP) and then SNP.

ALl the best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thank you for your suggestion.Mean while iam requesting yu if you have any documents,sceen shots relating to Demand Planning or Demand Planning-BW related,please send them to my personal mail id ... phanigudipati2005@yahoo.com.The given scenario by you is very much useful to me.Thanks.