cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Replace old FFID Owner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

When I add a new FFID owner to an existing FFID and then in second step try to remove the old owner I get below error message. How can I remove the old owner from the FFID? Now I have both old and new owner in the FFID account. We use GRC 10.0 EAM. Funny I never saw this error message in the forum. Thanks so much.

"FFID ABC is assigned to a firefighter using owner XYZ; cannot be deleted"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you looked on the firefighter to user assignment to see if owner has been specified?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I look into the Firefighter ID Assignment screen I only get tabs for "firefighter" and "Controller". If I look into FireFighter Owner screen I now can see both old and new owner. New owner is ok to stay but I want to delete the old owner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Firefighter ID Assignment screen, in tab "firefighter", you see an assigment users with the old FF owner?

There is the issue.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bingo. That's it! Thanks so much for your and Colleen's help!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello there!

Thank you for bringing this issue up and thank you for the manner in which it was addressed. I had the same issue and I had to remove/delete, not invalidate, the FF IDs (Emergency Access Assignment -->  Firefighter IDs), wherever these were having listed the "old" FF Owner.

Re-assign DD IDs to the same Firefighters, but this time the "new" owner showing when doing so.

I can also confirm the audit logs for the previous FF sessions still in place.

Best regards,

Dan Georgescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having this same issue.  When I attempt this process, I get a final error saying "Invalid SAP User ID".  This may be because I am attempting in our quality environment, but I have confirmed that both the FF ID Owner and FF ID Assigned user IDs exist in the environment.  I am simply trying to test and validate that with deletion of the old owner, I can still run a historical Consolidated Firefighter Log report and see the details of the Firefighter Assignment and transactions executed.  Can someone confirm for me that even if you delete the Old FF ID Owner, that the historical firefighter ID usage reported in the Consolidated Firefighter Log remains?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, first delete or expire the ff user assigment mentioned in the error and then you can remove the owner.

Kind regards,

Claudio,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really? Every time the FFID ownership transfers I have to expire all fighfighters assigned to the FFID? Why that? - Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ugh. Now I'm in a catch22. When expiring the firefighters in my FFID I still get the error message. When trying to delete all firefighters fro mthe FFID I get error message "Assign at least one firefighter". How do I get out of this conundrum?