see is that the
stories that were already generated with a version 1.14 and they try to
refresh this stories, SAP Lumira send a error message:
Error updating the dataset!!

No more details..

Steps to Reproduce

1. Open SAP Lumira
2. Open Story
3. Refresh Story with the same excel dataset.
4. Error

SAP Lumira 1.15.1 Build 879
Windows 7 Home Basic
Microsof Excel 2010

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The team from SAP give the next answer for solve the problem, for them was also the same problem.

1. Before refresh we must to go at Data--> Edit --> OK

After that Visualize.

If still the same error.

2. Data --> Data Refresh  and then Visualize.

With that I got the solution for this error...

Thanks lots for everyone!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing that Claudia, great catch!

//bijan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Claudia - I haven't seen this, but might this SAP note apply?  See http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1975864

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

The SAP nota doesn't apply..

Cause

• The cause seemed to be something to do with a set of about 20,000 cells in a single column of the Excel sheet.  --> We use just about 150 cells
  • The exact item that is causing the issue in the Excel file file is not found. --> The file is in the same route.

Resolution 

Two solutions were found for this issue:

1. The column that was causing issues was a date column and the # symbol was used for null values. Replacing the # symbol with a blank in the data got this to work.  --> Not symbol # on the file

2.     Opening the Excel file up with another office tool like Libre Office and exporting it as a new Excel file fixes what ever is in the file causing the error. --> Still the same error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claudia,

Can you try saving a new document in Excel with a different name, and then pointing your Lumira document to the new one? (In the connections tab from the main page).

If that does work, try changing the connection files back and forth between some files, and see if that fixes it.

//bijan

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, we did..

we created a new document like you propouse, and we created a new story with the new document... and still does not work when we refresh.. the other thing that we did it, was uninstall Lumira from the PC enduser and Install again.. and guess what?.. the same error..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a ticket for this one Claudia. If something else comes to mind I'll share.

//bijan

clalanca
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, thanks Bijan I did in at the same time that I was working on SCN.