cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

_Patch level in SAP HANA Note and _Build No in SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hana Gurus!

I need to know where can I find the patch level in the SAP HANA and SAP HANA Notes

For example, if I want to apply a note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1964428

there is specified:

Software Component

Support Package

Patch Level

SAP HANA DATABASE 1.00

SP069

SP070

Ok. I read a lot of sources and understand the following:

To know the HANA Studio version:

Help->About SAP HANA Studio.

It will be like

Version: 1.0.27

Build id: 201205021925 (361805)

Here 1.0.27 means -> 1.0 version and Revision is 27 and Build No is : 361805

That is, if we apply 1964428 note, the system is upgraded to SP069 and SP070. Is that correct?

But what Patch Level means in this (and some other) note (value 2 and 0)?

Where I can check Patch Level in the HANA?

And, what are figures Build No indicate

UPD:

Here referred to a certain table "M_HOST_CONFIGURATION". But in my system it does not exist. or tell me where to find it?

Message was edited by: Tom Flanagan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lohitkumar_ap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kirisetti,

The version you have checked is of HANA studio.

To check HANA version from

Studio:

Right click on the HANA DB for which you need the version and click on Administration.
Administration perspective gives you details on HANA DB version.

Server:

and for the version and patch level

1.0.69.02 would mean HANA DB is on Revision 69 , patch 02

1.0.70.00 would mean HANA DB is on Revision 70

Note 1964428 is an information note.

Soultion for the problem is to update your HANA DB to revision 69, patch 2 or Revision 70.

Hope i have clarified all your queries

Regards,

Lohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lohit!

Tanks!

But let me clarify three points, please:

1)

I understand the database version and the studio version is not the same thing. But why do they match my system (see picture)? Or still the same thing?

By the way, to see the version of the database I used table SYS.M_DATABASE

2)

Soultion for the problem is to update your HANA DB to revision 69, patch 2 or Revision 70.

Did I understand correctly, if the note indicated Patch Level = 0, then we simply speak about updating to Revision, implying that no Patch Level? Or how it can be understood?

3)

Did I understand correctly, the first figure in the Build number (Build id) indicates the Patch Level? How it is possible to interpret the Build number (Build id) more? These figures represent something?

best regards,

lohitkumar_ap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kirisetti,

please findanswers in italics

1)

I understand the database version and the studio version is not the same thing. But why do they match my system (see picture)? Or still the same thing?

By the way, to see the version of the database I used table SYS.M_DATABASE

A revision is released with all HANA components are part of the revision release and not just HANA DB server. So it is always ideal that you have all HANA components on same version as in your case. However is is technically feasible that you are usinga older version of Studio to connect to a newer version of HANA DB server. so Help-> About Studio would give you version of the studio and "select version from SYS.M_DATABASE" gives you version of the HANA DB server.

2)

Did I understand correctly, if the note indicated Patch Level = 0, then we simply speak about updating to Revision, implying that no Patch Level? Or how it can be understood?

I'm assuming here you wish to know if you are downloading the right software for the update.

if there is a patch mentioned it is available as "Mantainence Revision <rev no>.<patch no>" for download and if there is no patch level mentioned(patch level = 0) they is avaliable as "Revision <rev no.>". Also update procedure for both Revision and patch is the same.

3)

Did I understand correctly, the first figure in the Build number (Build id) indicates the Patch Level? How it is possible to interpret the Build number (Build id) more? These figures represent something?

This build number is something that comes out of build repositiory. HANA version mentioned in all notes and guide refer to just the Revision number and patch level currently. You can ignore the build number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many, many thanks!

Your answer really helped me! I think will help others!

Answers (0)