cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori error with IE8 (Internet Explorer 8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

when accessing my SAP Fiori Approve PO application with Internet Explorer 8.0 (8.0.7601.17514)

I get a blocking javascript error

failed to preload 'sap.ca.common.uilib.library-preload': SyntaxError: Erreur de syntaxe -  sap.ui.ModuleSystem

I found on several documents that :

"Internet Explorer 8 is supported with graceful degradation for CSS3 features

like rounded corners, text-shadows, etc. "

Browsers With Restricted Support

• Internet Explorer 8: There are degradations in visual design and over time also restricted functionality. So far, there is no functional restriction but when HTML5 features are added to SAPUI5 which are not available in IE8, there is not necessarily an alternative solution created by the SAPUI5 teams.

Is there anything to do for SAP Fiori to work with IE8 ?

Thanks,

Alexandre

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

Please take a look.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

in my first post I quoted :

page 10 : "Internet Explorer 8 is supported with graceful degradation for CSS3 features

like rounded corners, text-shadows, etc. "

and also the same link as you :

"Browsers With Restricted Support

Internet Explorer 8: There are degradations in visual design and over time also restricted functionality. So far, there is no functional restriction but when HTML5 features are added to SAPUI5 which are not available in IE8, there is not necessarily an alternative solution created by the SAPUI5 teams.

and the degradations are described here :

Documentation/AdvancedTopics/GracefulDegradation – SAPUI5 Wiki (TIP CORE User Interface)

But the applications are not working at all ...

Regards,

Alexandre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, what I understand is that SAPUI5 is comptabile with IE8.0 (with degradations), but not the Fiori apps (IE9.0 required at least).

Thanks Mike and Masa,

Alexandre

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

While it says there are "degradations", I have found that one has to check on an app by app basis to determine whether it will work, work well enough, or not work at all.  You may want to check the SAP Notes to determine which browsers will work with which apps (search on the apps, not the browser).  In general, you are best using Chrome or, for the Apple folks, Safari as your browser.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

for example, on the SAP Note

1954756 - Release Information Note for Approve Purchase Orders (FIORI PURCHASEORDAPPR 1.0)

I see nothing about browser support.

Thanks

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

From what I saw with My Paystubs, the notes are there to identify when problems exist with a particular browser, but do not necessarily which have specifically be tested and validated.

Cheers, Mike