Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency conversion error in SAP HANA

former_member198781
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP HANA and learning to create information views in HANA studio (SAP HANA SP6 on Cloudshare, HANA studio 1.0.68). I am trying to create a simple analytic view (on purchaseOrderItem table in SAP_HANA_EPM_DEMO sample database) to have GrossAmount converted to EUR.

I added a calculated column as follows:

When i click on "OK", i get error -

The check box “Calculate before aggregation” has been unchecked, because the definition of the calculated column contains measures with currency conversion, restricted measures or operands with input parameters. For such a calculated column the calculation is always done after the aggregation."

and checkbox "calculate before aggregation" get unchecked. See screenshot below:

Please suggest what could be reason? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

If you uncheck the "Calculate before aggregation" checkbox and activate the view, you will see in the generated log that a Calc scenario is created. (a view with /olap wrapper). Due to the calc scenario, the aggregation is defined as the default behavior for the KFs and hence the calculation cannot be done before aggregation.

By the way, I did not understand why do you need calculate before aggregation for a KF which is just a copy of another KF. If you need Gross amount in Local currency and EUR, then just perform the currency conversion without "Calculate before aggregation" checkbox. It will work.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Can you please tell me what is the solution of  this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

former_member198781
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Moo,

I haven't been able to solve it. Though this was in HANA SPS 6, i haven't tried in HANA SPS 7.

Regards,

Amit Gupta