cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can MII host a Webservice of third party system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone..!!

Can MII host a Webservice of third party system?

Is yes, please let me know how to do that.

Regards,

Minakshi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Minakshi,

I do not understand what you mean by "host a Webservice".  MII can execute a call to an external webservice (third party) if that is what you mean.

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Thats right,

SAP MII can execute the call to an external web service but here the case is littlle different.

Here, SAP MII is acting as a server/host for a Web Service that is not created in SAP MII but in third party server system.

Background Details:

1. We have a WSDL file( Web Service ) created at third party server.

2. We have a client system that wants to consume the Web Service functions of third party web service.

3. We have SAP MII that will act as a hosting agent for the third party web service.

Client System ------  SAP MII ------- Thirdpart Service

Note: Instead of consuming the web service directly from third party server system, Client wants to consume the same service through SAP MII.

Query:

Can we host the WebService or WSDL functions of the third party service in SAP MII. So that the Client can consume the third party Web Service via SAP MII ?

Your response will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Minakshi

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Minakshi,

If I understand correctly your requirement, then here is one way to do this.

You can use the 'Web Service' action in MII to call the web service created by the third party system. You can then retrieve the response data and pass it over the the client via your connection channel.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Saumya Govil