Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Folder vs SFTP and 4lakh records Sync scenario

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an IDoc to File Scenario in which client is discussing about using Shared folder where SAP PI and other SAP system have an access (both system are in same network)to drop the file or to use SFTP adapter to drop the file in to other SAP Application server.

In another Scenario PPM to ECC , when user presses F4 in PPM system then data need to be fetched from ECC and View it in PPM (4 Lakh records , 3 fields per record synchronous scenario)

pls let me know your view, pros and cons for the same

Regards,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mate,

Has it been helpful for you? the fact is that i don't have more arguments right now, but this ways runs correctly as i can see everyday.

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well....for us was easier, are less users, restrictions, maintenance, etc, so we chose this option in order to solve the scenario in the easiest way. But it depends of the safety code which client has.

For me is clear, when both system are in the same network, is not needed more security walls, and of course the folder has a security because you can allow users or groups, just PI user, and the other tool user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

I have a similar scenario, and the solution was a receiver File adapter (NFS with content conversion) on a secure-shared folder in the server.

Regards

manikandan_shanmugam3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me the pros and cons as I need to provide solution with pros and cons else customer will not agree.

Regards,

Mani