cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whitelist for dynamic destination SM59

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In SM59 screen, i see an red alert symbol No RFC call back check (rfc/callback_security_method undefined).

Also an entry Whitelist for dynamic destination

What are these entries? Is this required?

Can these entries(Whitelist) be removed from the the screen?

rfc/callback_security_method is dynamically switcable but not able to change the value to from RZ11. Does this needs to be declared in profile parameter first? If so what value needs to be set?

Kindly let me know, I read the documentation for rfc/callback_security_method. Not sure what value to be set.

Parameter

rfc/callback_security_method

Short text

Permit or deny execution of RFC callbacks in accordance with configured whitelist and write corresponding entry in Security Audit Log.

Parameter Description

• Value 0: Emergency mode (fallback).
    • If callbacks have been forbidden by a previous call of the function module RFC_CALLBACK_REJECTED, the callback is rejected. Otherwise, the callback is executed.
    • All whitelist entries for RFC callbacks (including the active entires) are ignored.
  • Value 1: Default mode (compatibility mode).
    • If callbacks have been forbidden by a previous call of the function module RFC_CALLBACK_REJECTED, the callback is rejected.
    • If the callback is forbidden by an active whitelist, it is rejected.
    • In all other cases, the callback is permitted.
    • Every permitted callback is logged in the Security Audit Log with a "non-critical" (green) entry. Every rejected callback is logged with a "critical" (red) entry.
  • Value 2: Simulation Mode.
    • If callbacks have been forbidden by a previous call of the function module RFC_CALLBACK_REJECTED, the callback is rejected.
    • If the callback is forbidden by an active whitelist, it is rejected.
    • Every rejected callback is logged with a "critical" (red) entry in the Security Audit Log. Every permitted callback, which would have been rejected if the whitelist had been activated, is also logged with a "critical" (red) entry in the Security Audit Log. All other permitted callbacks are logged with a "non-critical" (green) entry.
  • Value 3: Most Secure Mode:
    • If the callback is forbidden by an active or inactive whitelist, it is rejected. (Note that, in this mode, an inactive whitelist has the same effect as an active whitelist.)
    • Every rejected callback is logged with a "critical" (red) entry in the Security Audit Log. Every permitted callback is logged with a "non-critical" (green) entry.

Regards

Shashi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are not able to switch rfc/callback_security_method parameter due to sap user roles missing. Can you attach the error you get once you try to edit this parameter?

In case you wanto to switch the parameter rfc/callback_security_method to 2 please notice that you have to create the audit log from SM19 transaction before.

Moreover take into account that it still not possible to set rfc/callback_security_method=3 due to a bug with the transportation tool. See note 1992755  http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1992755

Regards.

Antonio

rafaelgalindo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Antonio!
You solved my problem with transport tool!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just check this SAP Note for you issue

1971118 - No RFC callback check

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed the steps in note 197118 but seems lost half way. Sm19 activated RFC call DUK in dynamic ocnfiguration. rfc/callback_ security_method set to 2. But If run gernerate whitelist I cant choose anything. What is next step? Is it due to this RZ70 is not working as SLD_UC and SLD_NUC is throwing error too. Some of the SLD RFC are not working as well as some T type RFC after upgrade to NW 7.4.

Thanks.

Thava