cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI: the scan time of file folder is always changed.

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

hello all,

i have a service (File -> PI -> RFC). The file folder is scanned every 30 min. At first the folder was scanned at hh:17 and hh:47. But now the folder is scanned at hh:19 and hh:49. Why the scan time is changed? The PI server and the file sender channel were not restarted. It is possible to set PI server that the folder is always scanned at e.g. hh:00 and hh:30? thx.

Best Regards,

Fanglin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abranjan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fanglin,

Apart from Inaki's suggestion, I've 2-3 more options. See if it is possible to apply them in your landscape as you've not provided info on that.

1. If you have SAP CPS (e.g. REDWOOD) , you can start stop the channels whenever you want using CPS jobs. They can be scheduled at hh:00 and hh:30

SAP Communication Channels with PI/XI - SAP Central Process Scheduling by Redwood - SAP Library

2. If you have another scheduler outside, you can make it control the comm. channel externally.

Controlling a Communication Channel Externally - Process Integration Monitoring - SAP Library

3. This is a blunt solution . You need to monitor the behavior as I cannot guarantee it will work precisely.

Stop and start the channel manually looking at your server time at hh:00 and setting polling for 1800 seconds. Not sure how long PI will maintain hh:00 and hh:30 cycle though.

Regards,

Abhishek

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Fanglin,

Do you have configured the ATP for that scenario?, may be someone has changed the values, check this Deepak Shah's blog

Regards.

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

i think the ATP is not suitable for my scenario. The folder schould be scanned every 30 min. With ATP the folder could be scanned only once a day.

best reagards,

Fanglin