cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to make comment field mandatory in XD02 for duplicate customer, please guide?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to make the Comment field in customer master data to be made mandatory upon when someone is about to make a duplicate record for a customer, currently I have set the duplicate check on address and VAT number, it is working perfectly. Whenever I am about to create a duplicate customer a warning pop up with message displaying the duplicate customer appears, but it is fine, now what I want is when I confirm that I want a duplicate customer it should make Comment field in customer general master data to be mandatory. Can anyone guide me on how to do this? is there a specific user exit available or any other solution which you might have would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved. I found the field.

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you brief how and where you found the field. So, it will be helpful for us in future.

Anandkumar KS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Anandkumar,

Go to tcode OBD2,

Select the account group that you have maintained for the specific customer.

Go to General data inside Field status section

Select Address inside the field group section

In page 2 you will find the Comments field, Select the section Req. Entry

This will make Comment field in master data mandatory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to avoid any extra coding I have searched that I can make fields mandatory through account groups in tcode shd0. But I can't seem to find the Comment field in general data, please guide me as to where is this field available in the account group.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can't make field mandatory with your if condition in SHD0. If customer is duplicate only in that case this field would be mandatory and this is not possible through SHD0. How did you manage to make this mandatory as per account group?

FYI we can make field mandatory account group wise through SPRO but again that would be for all customers not in case of your "If" condition.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

I disregarded the duplicate customer check, hence making comment field mandatory for all conditions.

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of going to create one comment field in XD01 General Data. You can use one unused field to maintain your comments like Tax Information area in Control Tab View here Tax Number 1,2,3 and 4 fields are there. Also, we are not going to use all those fields in case if you use all fields then you can go for the creation of new comment field.

Anandkumar KS

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moaz

This is not possible through configuration and you have to ask your ABAPER to write your requirement with If condition in userexit SAPMF02D.

Thank$