Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base Unit of Measure in ECC and APO is different

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I found in one material code, the base unit of measure in ECC is L but in APO product master it is KG.

I tried to CIF material master from ECC to APO but still the base unit of measure in APO is not getting changed from KG to L.

Please help how to get it reconciled.

Regards

Pradipta Sahoo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradipta

Can you please run live cache consistency check once and than do the above steps.

If still not work than ask your abap guy to debug the queue. Before that please check whether there is any enhancement in CIF to convert base UoM value.

You can also take some other product and try to cif and check the result.

Regards

Kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradipta,

Follow the below procedure to delete the product

1. delete all data associated with the material like all order etc.

2. Put deletion flag in the product

3. Use report /SAPAPO/DELETE_PRODUCTS to delete the product.

you can also use tcode wuf.

Hope this helps

Regards

kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

I have tried based on your suggested steps.

1. Delete all open documents

2. Delete PDS in APO

3. Marked material as deletion flag in APO with Material-Location combination and it is allowed, but if

we marked both Material as well material-location combination, it is not allowing to marked on only

location.

4. Run the programe suggested above.

5. CIF the material from ECC to APO

Still it is showing unit of measure as it was previsouly i.e. in ECC it is in "L" while in APO it is showing as "KG"

Rajesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Did you actually determine that the material was physically deleted from the databases, prior to re-ciffing the material from ECC?

It is usually easer to use WUF to determine the dependent objects that must be deleted.  You can  delete many of the dependent objects from directly within WUF.

In WUF, Select Location Product.  Enter the product; leave location blank, select "Display all selected objects" execute.

Expand the results of the list.  If the Product locations are green, select the checkbox on the left and delete via the trash can.  FYI these deletions represent physical deletions from the database.   If any product locations are yellow, select the objects one by one on the right hand side to find the exact orders or master data objects that need to be deleted.  Delete any/all items on the right, optionally using the wrench, until the product location on the left is green; then delete via trash can.  If you have multiple planning versions, you will have to delete the objects from each version.

Now back out of WUF and select "Product".  Select "Display all selected objects" again, execute.  If the product is green, select the checkbox and delete via trash can.  Otherwise, repeat the previous steps; deleting every dependent object until none remain.

You should re-cif the product from ECC ONLY after WUF says that the material does not exist in SCM.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB

Thanks for your reply.

As suggested by you performed WUF in APO:

1. For Location Product : Result was GREEN and I Deleted the code selecting the check box.
  2. For Product : I found the result is YELLOW, but in ATP order, the purchase orders and purchase requisitions showing are already completed or deleted in ECC. The check box also not activated. Not understand why the closed documents appear in ATP order tab.

I checked in /SAPAPO/MAT1 and found material in location product is deleted.

I do CIF from ECC to APO, but still the base UOM is coming as KG, where as in ECC it is L.

Please suggest how to go forward now.

Thanks

Pradipta Sahoo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradipta,

Sorry, I kind of lost track of the fact that YOU are the one who had the original problem, not Rajesh.  My bad!

Until the 'bad' product master is physically deleted from the SCM databases, it is unlikely you will be successful getting that UOM to change.

WUF with yellow means that you haven't deleted all of the dependent objects.  There can be a number of reasons why these objects still exist in SCM when in ECC they seem to have been 'closed' or otherwise rendered not relevant.  Such a topic could be the subject of an entire blog all by itself; and I won't go into the possible reasons here.

Sometimes it is a real chore to wipe out every dependent object; certain orders seem to sometimes embed themselves into APO like a hungry tick on a dog's back.  One way that works most of the time is to temporarily deactivate the core interface Integration Models for all of these objects; and then run CCR against this one product.  If you are lucky, all the offending dependent objects will be deleted (including the ATP orders; the Purchase orders; and the purchase reqs).

Try this, then try WUF again.  Remember, in WUF, you are not done until you hit green on the product, and then delete with trash can.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear DB

I m not lucky enough here in this case my friend.

I exactly followed the steps suggested by you like:

1. I changed MRP type from X0 to PD for the code and execute CFM1 & CFM2 to deactivate integration profiles for Material, PDS, Planned Order, Process Order, Purchase Order & Purchase Requisition.
  2. CCR run done for Purchase Order, Purchase Requisition, Planned Order & Process Order. But no error found during reconciliation.
  3. WUF for Plant & Material checked and it was GREEN. So deleted the code.
  4. WUF for Productchecked and it was YELLOW. Still the Purchase Order & Purchase Requisitions are showing in ATP Order tab.

Did I miss any step? Please suggest.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards

Pradipta

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradipta,

As per the standard SAP system design it should get transfer as ECC base unit of measure to APO. Please try RIMODINI once more?

Apart from that have you used any CIF exit like EXIT_SAPLCMAT_001  (enhancement CIFMAT01) in ECC (where you can changeMARM values) or EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001 APO side?

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradipta,

First, I agree with expert Rupesh that you should first check for any enhancements that may be contributing to this problem.  There is probably very little you can do manually that will override the processing of a hard coded userexit or BADI.  I also am assuming that you have only one OLTP system connected to SCM that would create master data or dependent transactional data.

With respect to your WUF 'yellows', let me give you a few more general tips.  These won't help you if you have an enhancement, but I find that many people don't really know all the maintenance functionalities contained in WUF.  If you determine that you still need to delete the product from SCM, here are a few additional steps you can try.

Since you still have some ATP orders, that means that there may still be a plant in SCM.  You can't delete a product until ALL locations have first been deleted.  Also, deselecting the CIFs and then using WUF may not delete certain orders that were created against planning versions besides "000".

When you run WUF against Location Product, enter "Product" but leave the location blank; and select "Display all selected objects".  Execute.

If there are no entries, then move back to WUF against "Product"; select Display all selected objects; execute.  Regardless of how you get here, select the radio button "ATP Orders" if it exists.  These are usually requirements from sales orders, and the underlying sales orders must be deleted from the Sales order Database and from Livecache.  Select one of the orders, and then select the 'hammer-and-wrench" button.  This will take you to report /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL.  Select the first tab, deselect "test", select all other checkboxes, enter the product, execute.  Except in a few instances, this will remove the ATP radio button.

You may also have the LC Orders button.  Select this, review the orders displayed.  Note that orders may exist in multiple planning versions.  These orders can probably be removed using /SAPAPO/RLCDEL or /SAPAPO/DELETE_PP_ORDER depending on what modules you have active.  Remember to delete for all the Planning versions that are displayed in WUF.

Continue with every radio button you see, until you get 'green'.  Then, delete the product.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear DB

If I change the Base UOM in SCM table /SAPAPO/MATKEY, will it be an issue?

Please give your expert opinion on this.

Thanks for all your help.

Kind regards

Pradipta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradipta,

Sorry, but unless you have an OSS note in your hand authorizing it, it is never wise to make direct table updates to tables in the SAP-owned namespaces.  If you do this, you are basically on your own.  Not a good place to be if you are working in a production system.

I must assume that you still were unable to get 'green' in WUF.  I must further assume that you have assured yourself that there are no enhancements interfering with the 'standard' updating of this field.  Please confirm.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes... it definitely can be an issue!!! 

Don't do that!

Craig

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh

Sorry I am late in response on this.

I checked and both user exits are not applied in ECC & APO.

Thanks

Pradipta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradipta,

Can you have a look on note 808472 and see if it works fine ?

Hope it will help.

Regards,

Mukesh Pandey

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mukesh

We are in SCM 7.0. This note is for SCM release 4.10 and 4.15.

If I correctly understood the note and the correction program will not allow to change the Base UOM in ECC if it has gone to APO.

In my case, base UOM in ECC was incorrectly maintained as KG and transferred to APO. Later it was corrected in ECC as L and same is not getting changed in APO.

I need help to know the steps to follow to make base UOM in both ECC and APO as L.

Kindly help here.

Thanks

Pradipta

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

Pradipta,

Since you have issue in PO, have you tried this

• Remove the material from PO integration model and activate the model
  • Do CCR for the PO, any TR data which is not in model, system will prompt to delete

Now check for WUF from product master and if everything is green , system will allow you to delete the material. Resend the material from ECC to SCM.

Br,

Valavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradipta,

Base unit of measure can not be changed in a material master. If the base unit of measure is KG in APO that means, the BUoM is KG in the connected ERP system.

Please check the ERP system from which the material is created. You can check the Business system group in product master in APO.

If you really want to change the BUoM product master in APO then please delete the product and re-transfer the material.

Hope this will helpfull.

Regards

Kishor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have did following steps to delete material from APO

In APO-Product master,

1. Delete Planning version perameter (i.e. 000, 001..etc)

2. Deactivate material code from "Assign model"

3. I have tried to delete from "Delete Profile" BUT it is not responding

I have checked Product master but Master data which was maintained previously remained same, no changes has been done and also CIF material from ECC to APO..but unit of measure not changed as per ECC.

Pl. suggest is there any missing activity which needs to do ?

Pradipta Sahoo/Rajesh Mehta

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have seen such situations when the APO system is connected to multiple R3 systems and there is RIMODINI batch scheduled from all R3 systems to the connected APO system.

In this case, please make sure that all R3 systems use same BUOM.

Regards,

Ravi

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradipta,

Have you tried RIMODINI?

You can delete the product in the APO system and retransfer from the R/3 system.

Please refer OSS consulting notes 832595 - Product: Base unit of measure cannot be changed using CIF

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member197663
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rupesh

I have done RIMODINI and still the Base Unit of Measure L is not getting CIF from ECC to APO.

As you suggested the other option, I have to check all open elements because it may not allow me to delete in APO.

Regards

Pradipta