cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: Strange behaviour by Web Dynpro applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running NW04s SP8 Portal and WAS and we are developing all our applications with Web Dynpro JAVA.

As our most of the applications are with multiple views, we are keeping one Web Dynpro view as default.

The applications run perfectly for a while. But, after running the same application for 5-6 times, the Web Dynpro application will start opening the "non-default" view as the first view. If we re-deploy the same application, it would work for a while and again the problem will start coming.

I have been working with Web Dynpro JAVA since 2.5 yrs, I havent come across this kind of error. I mean, it is the basic thing in Web Dynpro to set the default view for starting the application.

Can anyone please throw some light on this behaviour? or Is it related to some bug in Web Dynpro framework?

Thanks and Regards,

Mausam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I have never faced or heard anything like that, it is really strange.

But can you just check if it has anything to take with cache, i mean like what often happens in internet explorer.

May be it is storing non-default views in cache and picking up those..

It may be like babbling but whats wrong in trying.

regards,

abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhijeet,

I tried that, it didnt help.

See, the problem is through out with all the instances of the application not primarilly with one machine or something.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

monalisa_biswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using any static variable in your application for the view navigation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monalisa,

I'm not using any static variable for the same. I'm just settting the default view through "Properties" view in Web Dynpro perspective.

Regards,

Mausam