cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain Copy Control for Document Types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My Client has two customized documents both are order Types and wants to maintain Copy control between them.

If i see VTAA i can find either New Entries option or copy option.

When i go for new entries option it asks me Requirements and Routines which needs to be set for this copy control and i am not aware of those.

The Other option is Copy as but since it's customized document types so i am not getting which document should i take as refernce for copying.

Please suggest me how to proceed.

Thanks in Advance!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions..

Finally the issue is solved.

I copied the combination of  ZCD debit memo request and L2 debit memorequest

and finally changed to ZAB.

Here Pricing type in Item level is important as it will decide what all pricing elements to be copied from the source to target.

For my case since tax was to be redetermined i used pricing type G and it worked.

Regards,

Aslam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aslam

This is always advisable that copy some exisiting settings and modify them as per your requirement. Don't create new entry and copy some standard settings.

Now for your 2nd concern we should use some common sense here. What are the document types you have created with Z or Y? Are these sale order types? Quotations? Contract? In standard settings there are all these documents available. For sale order copy OR for quotation copy QT for contract copy CQ and so on. Settings are more or less same in all documents and you can copy OR relation with any document you think is right.

Copy and save with your document types and then test. Hope it will work fine for you.

Thank$

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Moazzam,

If we have the standard settings, we can copy the same suppose if the standard settings is not there or some how deleted by human error. In this case what can we do for the configuration?

Also, May I know the advantages for copying the standard settings? I know the standard tables will be copied when we do the copy of standard settings. Apart from these is there any other advantages?

If I am wrong please advise me.

Anandkumar KS

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Ideally we don't gamble with standard settings. Not only in copy control but for all other settings related to document types, conditions, movement types etc etc. If standard settings or configuration has been deleted by human error then we should restore standard settings first. May be BASIS guy can do it and if it is not possible then open some other server where these settings are there and you should do all settings manually by copying the standard ones.

Why we recommend to always copy standard settings and make necessary changes is that standard settings are done by SAP and they have tested it thoroughly and they have hundreds of consultants who have worked on these settings. Standard settings are reliable and we can copy them without any fear of mistake. Whereas if you copy some Z settings or create new one then there are more chances of some wrong or missing settings. Logically may be it sounds not that important or useful but technically it is really fruitful to do this.

In standard settings system copies all subsequent settings and you don't need to do those settings again and you are already aware of this fact.

One more benefit is that you only need to change document names and in create new entry you'll have to enter all the fields one by one and you don't know which value is more appropriate for this field. It also saves time efforts and people like me always prefer to save efforts

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

I understand your point its advisable to copy from standard ones.

I checked both are debit memo request.

Please suggest me for the case what should be my source and target document type.

Apart of that since i see the documents to be customized one then might be if i copy from standard will be it case i will be copying some requirements which may not be applicable for these document types .

Thanks!!!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I checked both are debit memo request

What is the necessity to have copy control for two debit memo requests which is not at all required.  Standard document type for Debit Memo Request is DR which you can find in VTAA but with different document types and different document category.

May be if you explain the Business process, then we can suggest as to whether having copy control between two DMRs is required or not.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the reply...

let me make the scenario Simple and Clear

1.ZAB is the debit memo request and they have billed the customer with ZAB debit memo which has incorrect tax.

2. They identified ZCD is the debit memo request which calculates the tax properly for the scenario.

3. So now they want to create ZCD debit memo request from the ZAB debit memo to correct the Tax part only.

4.As per business tax rate is updated daily basis so they want to adjust the tax rate on that date when the customer was billed.

So in VTAF table copy control needs to be maintained.

Just wanted to know for this scenario can i use to copy target as ZCD and source as L2 and then modify the source as ZAB and SAVE it.

Early reply appreciated!!!!

Best regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please follow the below steps as a corrective action.

• Cancel ZAB Credit Memo via VF11
  • Assign Reason for Rejection for ZAB Credit Memo Request
  • Create ZCD Debit Memo Request with reference to the parent billing document
  • Create Debit Memo with reference to this ZCD

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Exactly the same thing business is trying to do but when they are trying to copying ZCD debit memo request from parent billing type then its showing copying from ZAB docuement type to ZCD is not supported.

I checked in VTFA table there is no copy control mainatined between ZAB debit memo and ZCD debit memo request.

So my question here is while creating copy control i need to copy from  some existing source and Target document.

please tell me what should be my source document and what should be my target docuement, so that i can replace them with my required ZAB and ZCD documents.

Let me know if any further information required..

Thanks!!!!!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to maintain copy control between your parent billing type and Debit Memo Request.  So check in VTAF (not VTFA) whether you have maintained copy control between these two.  If not, copy the standard  DR > F2 and recreate the entire process.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Thanks for the suggestion...

I got the info from requestor that they are trying to do this scenario because earlier they have billed customer without tax .

Now they want to bill the customer for Tax adjustment.

So in copy control at  Item level should i use Pricing type as "D" or "B".

Thanks !!!!!

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Go to T Code VTAA and select New Entries and follow the below screenshots:

Hope the above screenshot helps you.

Anandkumar KS