cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collective Invoicing : Payment block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a question regarding a situaton when 1Child BP ( from a Collective Group) has a dsipute and one child individual invoice is held up.

Since the payment is accepted at the Collective BP(parent), How we can ensure that payment is not allcoated to this 1 child CA till the dispute is cleared.

Any payment block at the child level is not taken into consideration when payment is allocated internally against each child accounts.

It would be very helpful,if any of you can suggest ways to deal with this based on your experience?

Thanks in advance.

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply. Bill

Our requirement is to eliminate the disputed child CA line item from the proposal so that anypayment is not cleared against the line item.

Regards,

Rajesh

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Check event 120, which is used to allocate the clearing amount to the correct original item of a collective bill.

The table T_FKKCL_ALLOCATED contains the relevant line items to which the amount must be distributed.

You can plug in a custom FM, which will check for the disputed child invoice and will remove it from the above table so that the payment doesn't gets allocated to the child invoice.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan for the reply.

I modified the event 120 to check for a Payment block at the child level and delete the CA lines from the  T_FKKCL_ALLOCATED.

I had applied the Payment block at CA level but the following condition of the standard code is throwing an Error message No 274.'Collective bill/installment plan &1 inconsistent'

ELSEIF tot_betrw_gu = 0 AND tot_betrw_fo = 0 AND i_augbw <> 0 OR

i_augbw > 0 AND i_augbw > tot_betrw_fo  OR

i_augbw < 0 AND i_augbw < tot_betrw_gu.

*--- Dateninkonsistenz

WRITE i_augbw TO char CURRENCY i_waers.

WRITE tot_betrw TO char1 CURRENCY i_waers.

MESSAGE e274(>5) WITH i_opbel CHAR char1 i_waers.

Can you please suggest..

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Rajesh:

This could be tricky - once a collective item is processed, then the full clearing amount must be distributed to the items to which it is assigned.  You need to analyze the scenario prior to the selection of parent items so that those parent items can be skipped.

regards,

bill.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

If you are facing issues in the standard FM in event 120, then I would suggest you to place a clearing lock against the child invoice, at the time when that invoice gets disputed.

So, if the clearing lock is there, it will not clear the invoice the child level and will sit at the child level as payment on account.

Once the dispute is sorted out, you can remove the clearing lock and the payment and the invoice gets cleared in the Account maintenance\auto clearing run. 

Moreover, you can automate the functionality of placing\removing the clearing locks in the dispute process as per your business rules.

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amlan,

There is no provision for a clearing lock at child Account level. It exists only at Parent collective account levl only.

Regards,

Rajesh

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Apologies for the mis-communicaton.

By clearing lock, I try to mean the clearing restriction field.

Once you have a dispute, and if you update the clearing restriction field with value 8, then it implies that it will not get cleared.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan