cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Proxy scenarios, varying Transport Protocol

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I need to define a "normal" scenario which will pick up files from an external FTP location, and process them with a server proxy.

But there's the additional need to pick files from an arbitrary local file server in which some users could drop manually files they received by mail, which should be processed in the same way.

This forced me to define two communication channels, two sender agreements, etc, and dupplicate in general all the directory objects. The CCs vary in the protocol and directories properties, but the content conversion parameters are also dupplicated (Recordset, fieldNames, fieldSeparator and such).

I will have this same situation with at least 4 interfaces which leads to a lot of objects proliferation.

Is there any way to avoid this massive dupplication?

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hareesh, your suggestion didn't apply because in this case we are talking about the same adapter but different protocol which requires two separate CCs...

Your solution did work Amit!! I understand this option is really for simplifying receiver determinations and not sender agreements, but still, it works for this purpose also, since the receiver determination in this case uses * on Communication Party. With this option enabled, a second CC and a dummy receiver in the second sender agreement, I've been able to delete all this "dupplicated" objects, since they were no more necesary:

- Business component
- Receiver Determination
- Interface Determination
- Receiver Agreement

Thanks!

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro -

your suggestion didn't apply because in this case we are talking about the same adapter but different protocol which requires two separate CCs

>>>No need to have two separate CC's when you go with execute OS commands option.

Only one channel which will pick the files from local file system. But before processing these you execute the OS commands to download the files from FTP server.

But of course, as you are comfortable with the the other suggestion, you can create the channels and sender agreements..

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I get you now Hareesh, you're right. But, I guess in your case the FTP connection info would have to be inside the script. Also may be a problem with FTPS and certificates..., would have to include commands to simulate the Archive and Error handling options, etc.

Still, a valid alternative!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe the second file which you are picking from local server is also having the same structure as that of a main scenario?

If yes, then just create one additional sender agreement with "Sender uses virtual receiver" option and assign one new CC to it and you are done. No need to copy other ID objects like RD, ID etc.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro - If they vary in protocol, i don't think you can do much about it.

However, for the files which are in file system...you can pick them all using one channel incase the content conversion is similar..

Incase you want to handle using one channel, then executing OS commands is another option.

i.e. write a script to download the files from FTP server to local file system.

then call that script from sender channel.