Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload File To Oracle

former_member1170711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

From an MII web page, what is the easiest way to allow a user to browse to a file and then insert the file into a row in an Oracle database?  The file browsing part is easy with the HTML input tag but what is the easiest way to get the file into Oracle (as a BLOB or CLOB)?  Does MII provide any help?

Thank you,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I had a similar requirement some time back. While testing I found that I could insert upto 4000 char file in the CLOB/BLOB data element in the Oracle database.

So, if your file is smaller than this size, then perfect. Else, I am also searching along with you!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Saumya Govil

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

How big are these files?

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

former_member1170711
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

We want to be able to upload photos, Word and Powerpoint documents, etc.

So far the approach we are taking is to use JSP and some Apache classes to get the job done.  We now have this working on a JBoss application server (totally separate from MII) but we do not have it working yet in a Netweaver/MII environment.

In the Netweaver/MII environment, what is the appropriate place to put the Apache JAR files on the MII server so that the classes can be imported from the JSP?

Is there a better way to approach this?  Is there a way to do it with a Custom Action block?  If you can't get to the ServletContext from a Custom Action Block then that would, I think, be a show stopper for that approach.

Thank you,

Mike