cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC not getting SAPRouter info from SAPGUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to connect through a SAPRouter to access our ECC6 systems within NWBC 3.5. I know that if you match the Logon Description fields within NWBC and SAPGUI, NWBC is supposed to use that string to connect. In our implementation, it is not functional.

NWBC and SAPGUI were installed long ago, separately.

Is there any config that is required to show NWBC where to look for these Router strings? Ini files that must be created and configured? I have not been able to find any information in this regard.

Thanks for your assistance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Other than the "SAP GUI Long Description", you also need to specify the correct URL, Type and Client.

Once you specify them, the info will be captured in an XML file in the following directory (assuming you stored in local hard disk).

C:\ProgramData\SAP\NWBC\NwbcOptions.xml

HTH

Damean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

The URL/Client/Type settings are correct, and the name matches exactly.

My trace file does not include any attempt to connect through the SAPRouter string provided in SAPGui.

I have also tried manually adding <SaplogonDescr> parameter to the NWBCOPTIONS.xml file you listed above, to no joy.

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve

The next step ...try verifying whether NWBC is activated and also get the correct URL ....

From your sapgui, run Tcode NWBC (this launch the NWBC for HTML). 

If NWBC is activated correctly, you should get an IE browser launch showing you the NWBC cockpit.  Compare the server & port address (i.e. https://xxx.yyy.com:9999/nwbc)  on the IE browser vs the one that you have for NWBC for Desktop setup. They should match up ...

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damean,

NWBC service is running and I am able to access it from VPN'ed Web Browser and from TCODE within Client's network.

Issue is accessing through NWBC client, after login it attempts to connect directly to internal server name, instead of Web Dispatcher Reverse Proxy URL, and fails because NWBC is not on Client network. This is why I need SAPRouter string from SAPGUI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your problem is with URL generation. Talk to your basis admin. Table HTTPURLLOC needs to be configured.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am the BASIS admin, (relatively new), can you describe what needs to be configured? As far as I can tell, this is NWBC client forwarding to internal server name instead of continuing to use Web Dispatcher URL (this problem does not appear when using browser-based NWBC)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve

Try this link below. Although it's talking about BSP; but it's as applicable ... NWBC is basically just acting as a Web Dispatcher ...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp3/helpdata/en/48/6a82a684f4350ce10000000a42189d/content.htm?frame...

Former Member
0 Kudos

This lead to me to the solution. I input the following entries in HTTPURLLOC table: (SE11)

Client: xxx

Sort Key: 0001

Protocol: HTTP

Application: *

Domain:

Host: webdispatcher.domain.com

Port: webdispatcher port (8101 in my case)

Thank you Damean.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure the entries match exactly, including the logon group name. See the application help for details. In order to analyze the problem, activate the NWBC trace and send the trace as an attachment, not embedded in the message body.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The entries match exactly.

There is nothing in the Trace file that lists the SAPRouter string or the attempt to connect through a SAPRouter.

My connection is first going through a Web Dispatcher reverse proxy, and I am able to see the SAP Login screen when connecting through NWBC. I am able to login successfully if I launch /sap/bc/nwbc through a browser.

But when I attempt to use NWBC and login, NWBC tries to resolve the internal server name, and this fails, because it is not using SAPRouter to connect. The internal server name is not mapped to public.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP Router string maintained in SAP GUI will be considered only for SAP GUI. You have to use Web Dispatcher in the Connection URL to access your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is how I am accessing my system.

And documentation states that SAP Router string can be used in NWBC. See note 1310185