Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add "Related Links" element to Record Working Times

former_member189162
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am attempting to modify a Custom Component Configuration for Record Working Times by adding a "Related Links" element to the Toolbar Schema.

Adding a Launchpad to a Toolbar Element - Floorplan Manager for Web Dynpro ABAP - SAP Library

The odd thing I find, is that no matter what I try it will not show a "Related Links" element or a "You Can Also" element on Record Working Times, but it will show the elements on the Release page?? I can also add buttons to the Toolbar as well as make changes to the buttons currently displayed and see the changes, but it is only those two elements that do not appear, and only on Record Working Times??

Has anyone tried this before and run into a similar issue. I do not see any additional steps required in the SAP Help Portal article above.

Thanks,

-Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189162
Participant
0 Kudos

Quick Update:

As a test I created a new Z copy of the SAP standard HRESS_AC_CATS_1 and HRESS_CC_CATS_1, with no changes or modifications, and it still will not display the Related Links" element or the "You Can Also" element.

Please let me know if anyone has successfully done this. Perhaps there is an additional configuration required for Record Working Time that is not needed elsewhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could be a known restriction with the OVP floorplan or a bug but since you mentioned that it works for the Release view (RELEASE content area, V_RELEASE view), I have no idea what is going on. You could try to implement SAP note 1965308 to rule out the bug option.

former_member189162
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Samuli.

I was able to add the element to Personal Information as well, so, like you...not really sure why this one place wont allow it. But thank you for the suggestion. I will try the Note and also try opening a customer message and see if SAP might know what the issue is.

Thank you for your help!

former_member189162
Participant
0 Kudos

It turns out it was a bug, and SAP has provided us with Note: 2014049, which corrects the problem.

Thanks,

-Kevin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two possibilities that come to my mind: 1) you have only changed the toolbar configuration for the RELEASE content area and not RECORD_CATS* 2) CATS defines the toolbar dynamically overriding whatever is configured.

former_member189162
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Samuli.

1) I added the same element to each (Release, Record, etc.) and for some odd reason it only shows up on Release.

2) I thought the same as well, or that there may be a limitation on the buttons, but the odd thing is that I can add a new button or multiple buttons and I change an existing button. Those additions/changes appear, it is only the "Related Links" element and the "You Can Also" element that will not appear, except on Release.

Very odd