cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro and BAPI Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to develop webdynpro application using ABAP RFC function module. i have created Custom controller, Model calss for the RFC, mapped Model context to Controller context and inturn controller context to View contexts. Also incorporated code to initialize client for jCo and when executed the application doesn't display anything even though there is data.Even when i debugged it shows me correct class objects but couldn't see the values . Anyone has any clue on how to use function modules in web dynpro allications to get results on the browser and also method to ealisy debug such programs.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh Babu,

There are a couple of possibilities why you do not see the data. If you use for example a table in the Web Dynpro view some properties have to be set so that the right set of data is being displayed.

You may want to go through the "Creating a Web Dynpro application accessing ABAP Functions" tutorial which can be found on

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/developerareas/was.sdn?page=tutorial_webas.htm. It provides a good overview how to build this kind of applications.

Cheers

Ivo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Ivo, I have followed the same instructions provided in the tutorial mentioned by you. There was no success. Debugging into the methods didn't help either. I am not sure what to do now...I would appreciate if you could provide more information and is there any more documentation on usning ABAP functions in web Dynpro.

Thanks for your help again

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I'm afraid that it's quite difficult to analyze your problem with the given infos.

Is it possible for you to include the code you have used in a subsequent post here? Of interest is how you instantiate the initial objects, and the place where the "execute()" takes place. Maybe also a snapshot of your customcontext as well as the way you have mapped the views to the context would be helpful, to see how you have designed your application.

Otherwise I would also suggest installing the sample project included with the tutorial mentioned by Ivo, so that you can take a detailed look at the way the sample app is designed to get data from a BAPI.

Ciao, Markus

Web Dynpro Java Runtime Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am able to develop WebDynpro using BAPI model now. There are some errors which the developer environment should have pointed to me, I figured it out by elimination techniques. I have developed almost 4 applications and now proceeding towards more customizing and dynamically changing the webdynpro contents. I keep posted on my developments and questions.

Thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ivo,

the link is not anymore working and maybe you have other links for me for webdynpro and bapi model...

thanks

murat...