Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1 Managed System configuration

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have configured system in managed system of our solution manager.

When we performed this configuration we had managed system that was running on MAX DB.

But now we have migrated our system from max db to sql server.

Now after migration, LMDB is showing ms-sql as database but in Managed System--> 5. Enter Parameter, it is still showing the old max db entry.

So can anyone tell how we can change and bring the MS-SQL options.

I have re-installed dignostic agent..

Regards,

Mohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try changing it through table DBCON on tx SM30. This will change the DB entry in DBACOCKPIT.

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Your solution was helpful, i made a new entry and used that for the dbacockpit connection, it was asking for the SAPServiceSID user permission so i created the same in database. But now the problem is

1. I can not see any SAPmonitor table in database.

2. And in dbacockpit it is saying select permission is denied for object CVERS.

Regards,

Mohit

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I found the solution and now the problem is resolved.

I have deleted the system entry in dbacockpit and from dbcon table. And then re run the managed system for the system and created dba connection there again.

Thanks all for your help.

Regards,

Mohit

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

They entry will remain there until you remove it from the SLD.  This is because the LMDB is refreshed from the SLD data.  To clean it up, go to your primary SLD instance.

http://hostname:port/sld

Click -> Administration -> content maintenance.  Under Classes select database instance.  Select the old MaxDB instance and click remove.  This will remove the max DB instance from the SLD.  Keep in mind, this is OK because your SQL server database is probably also already registered with the correct associations.

Regards,

Ben

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Dare,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked in SLD. It is showing the correct entry and there only one entry and that is correct MSS as database. And moreover it is showing correct entry in LMDB ( check above screenshot). Only in Managed system it is not showing the MSS option but instead showing Max DB.

Any other idea.

Regards,

Mohit

giri_ayyagari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit

Remove it from LMDB completely and re-add it. this will add relevant info correctly. you need to synch data once you finish this, it might take few min. Then run Managed system config.

Hope this helps.

-Giri

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

Run the transaction LMDB , select the system and resync it.

1. If it is ABAP System , run the transaction RZ70 or if it is java then trigger the data from NWA.

2. Check the information in SLD and then resync the LMDB with SLD as mentioned above.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Good to see you here.

Well i have tried resync option but in managed system still it is showing the max db entry.

Regards,

Mohit

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here is the screen shot of the manages system and LMDB screens. I have tried refresh session option too but still no change in entry in managed system.

Regards,

Mohit

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

Logon to the SLD system. Under Technical system select the system and check the database and paste the screenshot

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Please check SLD screen shot.

Regards,

Mohit

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

1. Try to run the landscape verfication for the product system.

2. If it , does not work , then you need to take a restart of java stack of solman.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

I have checked in dbacockpit of solman, the database entry for the system is ADA instead of MSS.

I will execute landscape verification but it will run for all the systems in landscape or there is option to choose for particular system?

Regards,

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohit,

Run tcode LMDB,Select required technical systram after that go to Product systems tab,there you will find the your product System(SID) and double click on Product system it will open new browser session.

Then You are able to see Execute Verification Check(Asynchronous).Select this button and run.

Regards\

Maruthi V

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maruthi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have executed verification many times but it resulted nothing, everything still same with no change.

Regards,

Mohit

giri_ayyagari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit

can post screen shot/

-Giri

former_member190691
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

From managed system create a "Refresh session" to solution manager in Txcode SDCCN, this may refresh the system data in SolMan.

Regards.

Fernando.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the database in SLD and SMSY correct?