cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Availability Time effectively

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have source as SQL(JDBC adapter) and destination BW(SOAP adapter). I have three store procedures coming from same source, and pushing data to BW. If there an efficient/proposed way to do the PI availability, can all three channels be available at the same time?

please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charu - You can schedule your channels to run at at particular time using ATP (Availability Time Planning)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do understand ATP. Can you propose any efficient or proposed ways of scheduling to avoid load on source or destination.

Thank you

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For scheduling, ATP is an efficient way to handle it. Create one schedule and add those three channel to it.

There won't be any impact on source/target system by doing that as long as your SP returns small chunks of data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Super. What would be the impact when there is large chunk of data? would it be on Source, PI or Target.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's difficult to say.. may be everywhere /no where

Your SP might consume lot of time to return the data.. - sender

If it is large message then your mapping might consume time - PI

You target WS might can also take much processing time in processing such large message..

It's always good to restrict to small chunks(5mb an ideal size)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for an instant response. would 10 minute availability time be ideal for 5 mb? with no message mapping been used?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally yes but you should test those cases..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I appreciate the response.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charu - You can close the thread if you don't have further questions..