Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recipient port and Message function are missing

chunhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I found that one of my inbound idoc recipient port and message function is missing .

The sender Partner Type is KU. I have check everything but still no clue on the error.

Strangely there was only 1 idoc recipient port and message function is missing out of 170 idoc on that day.

Any suggestion ?

thanks and best regards,

Derrick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Derrick

Is the partner for the 1 IDoc with missing data same as all the other partners?

What is the setting on your IDoc receiver channel for the two sections below?

Have you checked in the post-mapping payload of the IDoc in the PI system? Are there any values for MESFCT and RCVPOR in the control record?

Rgds

Eng Swee

chunhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Halo Eng Swee,

Yes, its same settings, that's why I feel strange.

I have the same settings as your screenshot ,

-[checked] apply control record values from payload.

-[unchecked] take receiver from payload.

Because i'm using MESCFT field in XML , therefore I have to tick "apply control record values from payload" option.

I had checked the xml send from our Partner , there is values for MESFCT and RCVPOR in the control record .

thanks for reply.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Derrick

If the "Take receiver from payload" is unchecked, then RCVPOR this is auto-populated by the IDoc adapter. This value would normally by SAP<SID> of your ECC system.

Have there been any changes to the IDoc receiver channel at the time of the erroneous IDoc?

Rgds

Eng Swee

chunhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Halo Eng Swee,

If the RCVPOR is auto-populated by Idoc Adapter , then it shouldn't missing in ERP system. I'm curious why it only happened to this Idoc.

I did checked the properties and history in PI and there is no any changes recently.

Anyway , thanks for feedback . Will continue look for the root cause. cheers.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Derrick

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is quite strange indeed!! Sorry but I'm out of ideas of what to look for next. Hope you will be able to eventually find the root cause. Please do share your findings if you do.

All the best!

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chun Han

Did you manage to resolve the issue?

It seems this is a recurring thread on SCN as well - SCN RCVPOR search

Example solution:

From the threads, it looks like RCVPOR will be blank if there is no matching partner profile for that IDoc. From your initial screenshot, the status of the IDoc is 56, if you double click that error, it should show that partner profile not found. You should then check in WE20 if there is a corresponding setting.

Rgds

Eng Swee

chunhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

How are you doing ? Sorry for late reply , I have been out of office last week.

Not yet , still not able to find the root cause.

Yes , the partner profile is setup correctly in we20, as you can see from the initial screenshot ,
all Idoc were processed successfully (greenlight) , except the error one. Apparently the error is not because of partner profile , otherwise i will get error for all idoc.

Thanks for the link "SCN RCVPOR search" , i will try to check from there. 😃

Rgds,

Chun Han

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chunhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

There is no solution for this problem. However , this issue didn't come out again since that day.
So i assume that this is just a bug. 😃 cheers and thanks for those providing me useful suggestions.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update. Good to hear that things are working fine

abranjan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chun,

I see two more possibilities which you can verify:

1. Check the status chain of IDoc and verify if it was created by PI only and not by any manual activity  - WE19 (this does happen sometimes in Dev/Quality system)

2. If you've used any mapping logic for MESFCT, then its possible it resulted in a blank value. To eliminate this possibility, if you've the payload, do a mapping test as well. That might fetch you something.

See if these helps.

Regards,

Abhishek

chunhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I did checked the status chain, it started with status 56 , which is "IDocs with erros added."
Our production system is not allow user to use we19 to generate idoc.

We didn't use any mapping logic for MESFCT , all the idocs work fine since few months ago, its just happened on last few days and this is the only 1 idoc missing port and message function. kinda weird har....

Thanks for reply , have a nice day to you.

best regards,

Derrick.