cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect and register ECC from NW Gateway 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

After installing SAP NetWeaver 7.4 I am having a few issues connecting it all up to my ECC system.  The problem i have is in SEGW under Service Maintenance.  I can see the ECC server i have created but i am unable to Register or Maintain.  The error log is showing up with no entries.

Below is the error i get when i try and Register the entry (ECC server (I'm assuming its grabbing that info from the Gateway settings))

All components are running on the NW7.4 and i'm making RFC calls to the ECC server.

System Alias settings:

Local GW is ticked

RFC connection is specified (<SID>CLNT400) of the ECC backend system i'm trying to connect to

Software Version = Default

System ID = blank

Client = blank

WS Provider System = blank

Gateway Settings

Destination System = hostname of ECC server (both instances NW7.4 and ECC reside on the same physical box)

Client = 400

System Alias = as per "System Alias" settings setup above

RFC Destination = <SID>CLNT400  -  RFC connection to ECC backend system

RFC Connection <SID>CLNT400 settings

Target host is specified

Instance # is specified

Current user is ticked

Trust relationship = Yes

From the Gateway server i'm able to go into SM59 -> Select the RFC destination and successfully "Remote Logon"

If anyone can help me out here i would be very grateful.

Thanks

Rob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

This error is due to not having the S_RFCACL authorization. Please check this authorization and get this added to your role. I hope this will resolve the issue.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for your quick reply.  I have checked my logged on user authorizations on both systems (same username exists on both systems).  On both the Gateway server and the ECC system i have the auth object S_RFCACL and all Fields have '*'.

I am also able to Remote Logon through SM59 using my userid which i don't believe I would be able to do if it wasn't set correctly.

Regards,

Rob