Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to distribute new object from org level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I'm trying to create a new object: MATKL to org level through program: PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE. But I find there are only distribute to all roles. Could you advice if it can be distribute by selected role instead of all roles? Any advice on hierarchy problem?

Rdgs,

Emily

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Emily

It's not a problem. This how the program is designed to run?

all roles that contain an authorisation with the field are impacted. You are changing your baseline system configuration and it is client independent.

regards

Colleen

ps why why would you convert material group to an org value?

5 REPLIES 5

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Emily

It's not a problem. This how the program is designed to run?

all roles that contain an authorisation with the field are impacted. You are changing your baseline system configuration and it is client independent.

regards

Colleen

ps why why would you convert material group to an org value?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Actually I want to grant authorization on MM section by separate material group. It's to fulfil some special users are able to access particular material group. So I'm thinking to create new material group org value and distribute from the top level (org level). Could you advice if there is any method can achieve my purpose more safety or easily?

If I want to control some users access some particular material number which limited by control different material group. Can I just assign object: M_MATE_WGR and control the value for access? If yes, where to assign?

Rdgs,
Emily

0 Kudos

Are you over complicating this? Why not just build another single role with the special groups?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

This is indeed how it works. When you promote an object to organizational level it will be for the complete system, not only for a selected number of roles.

Some objecs are beings used throughout the sytem in different ways and therefore you have to be very carefull to promote objects to org levels.

If you want to do this because you then can use them in derived roles, there are other safer solutions.

Kind regards,

Meta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

Colleen and Meta have it covered.  The org level will be for all occurrences of that field.

It certainly can be a legitimate and completely safe technique to use but you need to be 100% confident that it supports your requirements.  It will not work if the field is being used for different purposes or you have multiple occurrences of the object in roles with different field & activity combinations.