Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The version 0000000075 of development configuration is now available

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

when im loging into nwdi im getting pop up with below message , can u please explain what is the verison 0000000075 and why is it asking for that..

The version 0000000075 of development configuration is now available

Do you want to update the development Configuration ?

Regards

Govardan Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Govardan,

a track has a server side development config (created as per the domain data settings and track data settings i.e. includes cbs, dtr, cms url, sld nameserver and the software component dependencies).

It is an XML file you can check in CMS webui -- Track Data -- Build variants -- display development config.

If you create a devconfig in your NWDS, then this XML file is getting synced to your local space (this is the file called .confdef).

After this no more sync is getting done, but the locally stored .confdef is used by the devconfig, so it knows, which cms, dtr, cbs , sld to contact, etc. in other words: how to use the track.

If you change on the server side devconfig (by changing on say cbs, dtr or sld url or SC dependency setup) then NWDS recognizes that its locally stored .confdef became outdated.

This is why you have that popup that the server side devconf version XY is now available and you can make the locally stored one up to date.

I hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Ervin

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi erving and jun wu,

Thanks ,    it solved my other problem regarding name server too., i.e after my devconfig xml being updated with new one, it is refering the new solution manager. and im able to get the predefined vendor as well as Name

Regards

Govardan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just take it, no choice and no harm