cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Setup Forward Error Handling in PI Scenarios. Can you help me with the same with screen shots if possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

How to Setup Forward Error Handling in PI Scenarios. Can you help me with the same with screen shots if possible?

Thanks

Regards

karan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello karan,

check out the guide provided by SAP regarding forward error handling for PI

https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-34091

and rply if you encountered any error during this process

Regards

Ankur Mali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir

I wanted to know that Is this document is valid for all the scenarios which is relating to error handling ?

Please Tell the same

Thanks

Karan

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan

You can check out the following two blogs.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello dear

I have checked the first link earlier . but  i am not getting how to use SPRO menu . i mean how to get on to that .

At first you need to active FEH in your SAP Application client and you can do that using SPRO menu:

- Cross Application Components

- -  Processes and Tools for Business Applications  

- - - Enterprise Services

- - - - Error and Conflict Handler

- - - - - Activate Error and Conflict Handler (view - FEHV_ACTIVE)

I am not getting the first four points . How to use ?

Help

Thanks

Regards

karan

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan

Are you familiar with SPRO?

After you execute SPRO, you need to go to the IMG menu

After that, you need to navigate the tree structure as described by the blog

Some of the details from the first blog are no longer relevant since it was written in 2009. I have blogged about the updates since in the second blog listed above. You can access the tables/views directly.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello dear

Thanks for helping.

I need to ask that i will be performing the steps as in the blog . its ok. but  i need to ask where the coding part is to be done and is this the complete and proper coding which is to be done .

The code below will call ECH once the proxy's exception is thrown (so please remember to call the proxy exception with the use of fault messages) and you need to insert it into your main proxy's method. As you can see we need to call method collect of the class cl_feh_registration in order to send the message to ECH. You need to populate at least ls_bapiret struture in order to send an error description to the ECH.

DATA:  lr_feh_registration   TYPE REF TO cl_feh_registration,
       l_error_category      TYPE ech_dte_err_category,
       ls_main_object        TYPE ech_str_object.

lr_feh_registration = cl_feh_registration=>s_initialize( ).
     l_error_category = 'DCE'. "as per table  /SAPPO/SERR_CAT.

ls_main_object-objcat  = '1'.
     ls_main_object-objtype = 'SFLIGHT'.
     ls_main_object-objkey  = l_flight_id.

*for objtype please have a look at table /SAPPO/S_OBJECT

*====IMPORTANT=====
*please  remember that you can put anything (like Order, Delivery number,  Partner ID, etc.) into the objkey value and this can later on help you  in selecting the correct message in the PostProcessing Office
*====IMPORTANT=====

TRY.

CALL METHOD lr_feh_registration->collect
         EXPORTING
           I_SINGLE_BO      = ls_api_data
           I_ERROR_CATEGORY = l_error_category
           I_MAIN_MESSAGE   = ls_bapiret
           I_MESSAGES       = lt_bapiret
           I_MAIN_OBJECT    = ls_main_object.

CATCH cx_ai_system_fault. "messages are not forwarded to FEH, XI monitor is used

ENDTRY.

Step 9

We also need to instantiate the s_create method of the new interface with the code below. 

if NOT go_ech_action IS BOUND.

CREATE OBJECT go_ech_action.

endif.

r_action_class = go_ech_action.

and one more thing i would like to ask sir that this coding part is done in PI or in ECC(DEV) or some other server.

Thanks

Regards

karan

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan

Can you please elaborate on what is your requirement?

Are you planning to use standard SAP's enterprise services, or developing a custom proxy?

For standard enterprise services, if it is already FEH-enabled (you can check by finding the details of the enterprise service in ES workplace http://esworkplace.sap.com/), you should not need to code any more.

If you are developing custom proxy and want to use FEH, then you can follow the blogs above. In the second blog, I have also provided a sample class with the FEH coding. You can use that and extend it further depending on your requirement.

FEH coding is done on the backend systems (ECC, SRM, CRM, etc) and not on PI.

Please check out the following wiki too for more details on FEH/ECH. There are links for further resources there.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=228196499

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanku so  much . I really  appreciate  ur  help. I will  get  back  to  you  if i get stuck .

Thanks

Regards

karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-34091

plz  chk this link for me .  there is a document for the same..

Is this document the correct way to approach ?

Thanks

Regards

karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-34091

plz  chk this link for me .  there is a document for the same..

Is this document the correct way to approach ?

Thanks

Regards

karan

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan

If you plan to develop custom proxy, the approach detailed in the document is correct. It shows you step-by-step for both PI and ECC part. The only part you need to be aware of is section 4.4, there have been changes in the SPRO menu since then. If you are on a later EHP pack for ECC, then you can check the actual tables that I listed in the second blog I provided above.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanku sir

I would like to tell you the scenario which i am facing .

first of all this is PI

In this SRM_EBP_300 is cleared through PI .

now

this is ECC(DEV)

In this  SRM_EBP_300   it  fails  in ECC(DEV).

scenario is like  SRM to ECC

so i need to ask that is there any method by which we can edit or change some info in ECC(DEV)  so that we can restart or reprocess the error in that  particular  server  only.

Thanks

Regards

karan

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan

From your screenshot, the message is generating an Application Error. If FEH is activated, you should get a different symbol as shown below, with the status "Transfer to External Application".

Can you check again in SPRO if you have activated FEH in your system correctly?

Once FEH is activated and the error is transferred properly, then you would be able to see the message in the Post Processing Office, tcode /SAPPO/PPO2 or /SAPPO/PPO3

You should then be able to edit, reprocess, etc there.

Below are some links you can read up on using the Post Processing Office

Postprocessing Office - SAP Library

This link gives you more details on the data editor.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/a1/cb9e7dc53d4ceca3df00e259e85480/content.htm?framese...

By the way, what is the EHP version of your ECC system?

And what is the enterprise service that you are trying to use in your ECC system, ie which SWCV, namespace, service interface?

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir

we  are  using  the  EHP5 version and  FEH is alrready  activated ..

Then ??

Regards

karan

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karan

What is the enterprise service that you are trying to use in your ECC system, ie which SWCV, namespace, service interface?

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

swcv  is  SAP BASIS 7.02 version

<SAP:Interface namespace="http://sap.com/xi/APPL/Global2">PurchaseRequestERPSourcingConfirmation_In</SAP:Interface>

actually  there  are many  more  service interfaces and which one to go no idea ?

can u check the same ?

Regards

karan

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan

That is a standard enterprise service and FEH should work for it on EHP5.

From the following description on ES Workplace for this service, business function LOG_MM_P2PSE_1 needs to be activated first and the appropriate customizing completed.

http://esworkplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?packageid=DE0426DD9B0249F19...

Can you do the following?

i) From the error you gave above on ECC DEV, can you double click in and show what error message you are getting?

ii) Can you check that the business function is activated and all relevant customizing completed from the link above?

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

These are the following errors

1. Trace level="1" type="T">no interface action for sender or receiver found</Trace>

2. <Trace level="1" type="System_Error">Application-Error exception return from pipeline processing!

<Trace level="1" type="T">Application Error at Receiver... => ROLLBACK WORK</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">System Error at Receiver... => ROLLBACK WORK</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="B" name="CL_XMS_MAIN-WRITE_MESSAGE_LOG_TO_PERSIST" />

<Trace level="1" type="System_Error">Application-Error exception return from pipeline processing!</

Trace level="3" type="T">No persisting of message after plsrv call, because of config</Trace>Trace level="3" type="T">Error of the prevous version:</TraceTrace level="3" type="T">Error ID APPLICATION_ERROR</Trace>

tThere are repeating errors also.

TThanks

Regards
kkaran

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karan

Can you provide the details from the Error section of the SOAP header? It should look something like the screenshot below.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear

main error

SAP:Code area="ABAP">APPLICATION_ERROR</SAP:Code>

<SAP:Stack>Application has thrown an exception</SAP:Stack>

these errors are on the down screen

errors on the up screeen

Trace level="1" type="T">no interface action for sender found</Trace>

Trace level="1" type="System_Error">Application-Error exception return from pipeline processing!

<Trace level="1" type="T">Application Error at Receiver... => ROLLBACK WORK</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">System Error at Receiver... => ROLLBACK WORK</Trace>

Thanks
Regards

karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir

I was waiting for ur  response . These were the errors which i respond to you in the last reply. please check once.

Thanks

Regards

karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir

I was waiting for ur  response . These were the errors which i respond to you in the last reply. please check once.

Thanks

Regards

karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir 

I got an requirement to activate Forward Error Handling in SRM. I have searched on SDN but didn't find appropriate answer on it.

Even I found some link: PI/XI: Forward Error Handling (FEH) for asynchronous proxy calls with the use of Error and Conflict ...

It explains me some points like activating FEH from SRM in SPRO. I have activated the same, plz check the screen shot:

It also follows some development for the same.

Here my concern is, should I follow this document? Does it applicable to all to all the scenarios?

Step 8: it assign object id and type what does it mean...

Does any one can explain me in detail..... Please provide me any document to configure the FEH in SRM.

I am trying to implement FEH in my SRM system. So that when even XML fails due to error, I should be able to reprocess/restart it with some editing to the XML.

My receiver interface for XML is PurchaseRequestERPSourcingRequest_In

I think this is standard one and no need to make any custom code for it. SAP has all ready given solution for it with some Configuration.

I have made some configurations like:

• The view FEHV_ACTIVE must have the status active.
  • In transaction /SAPPO/LOGSYS , the logical system must be defined for the software component SRM-EBP-ESA .

As stated in in the link :

http://esworkplace.sap.com/socoview%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==%29/render.asp?id=2BAABCB0D30111DC2B8D...

Also I have made some configuration according to the Note: 1973768 - No reprocess option is available in FEH for failed in XML in SRM

Resulted, the “Process” button get activated in the XML Post Processing screen.

But can I reprocess my XML with edited value from there..?

All the  configuration part of PI  is already done .

I wanted to know  about the  FEH  Part. what are the  steps   i am  missing  or where  i am  going  wrong ?

Please let me help.

Thanks

Regards

Karan