Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRm Email Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have configured CHARM with Smart E-mail Actions

Our Solution Manager is on SPS7.

As part of Customizations required by customer we made changes to ZMHF screen and added Change Advisory Board Partner function ( Renamed to Business Approver ) which is copied from ZMCR.

Email is triggered when the UC is Set in development( Action performed by Change Manager) and the Email goes to the developer.

But in case the the Developer field and Business Approver field is same the email action is not triggered.

I checked the determination logs and found message stating 1 condition not fullfilled.

Below are the scheduled conditions and start conditions

&CRM Service Process.User Status& [*] E0001ZMHFHEAD
  or  &CRM Service Process.User Status&
[*] E0004ZMHFHEAD
  or  &CRM Service Process.User Status&[*] E0006ZMHFHEAD

Start Condition

&CRM Service Process.User Status& [*] E0002ZMHFHEAD
  and  &CRM Service Process.ErrorFreeFlag& = X

Please advice how to proceed

Regards

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

try equal sign before E0002ZMHFHEAD and try it.

Start Condition

&CRM Service Process.User Status&E0002ZMHFHEAD
  and &CRM Service Process.ErrorFreeFlag&= X

Rg,

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

The email action works fine when the developer field and Business Approver ( CAB) field are populated with different users.

But when the Developer and Business Approver ( CAB) has same value i.e user then the action is not scheduled even in Scheduled Action block, the moment i change the value for Developer and save, the email is triggered and is visible under scheduled action block.

How can i check the relation between the developer and CAB field, there will be some logic in back that stops the action to be scheduled.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Please check SAP Note 621183 (http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/621183).

This note describes the symptom

If the same business partner exists more than once, for example as a sold-to party, as a payer and so on, only one of the partner roles was retained whereas the others were deleted.
This does make sense to avoid that, for example, the same e-mail is sent more than once to the same business partner if there are more than one action definitions for different partner function categories.

and also proposes the solution.

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

As per the note the Email action should atleast trigger 1 email  for any of partner function i.e either email to the developer should be triggered or email to Business approver should be triggerred.

But nothing is happening.

Do the partner functions have any precedence logic..? like CAB will have higher precedence over developer partner function?

Regards

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

unfortunately I cannot answer this.

but its probably better to discuss this in the original discussion as other people might be able to.

you could also place a ticket at SAP, and provide the solution there if you get any.

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I was able to trigger the email.

But the email was sent to the Business Approver Partner function (CAB) and not the developer.

So i guess there is some logic that works in the backend that makes CAB takes precedence over the developer.

Regards

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

The email recipient is usually defined by the action definition - field "partner function".

Please check this field and let us know how it looks like.

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Below is the action def for Developer.

Regards

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

For me, at first glance, this looks ok. I would create a ticket at SAP and ask the experts for help.

But maybe somebody else has an additional input how to solve this.

Regards,

Peter