cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional Consultant Role in Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to know Functional Consultant role in the Interface (From/To SAP).

I got one requirement in my client who Implememted SAP except one segment which is using third party software for Customer Invoice (Service Revenue)means other than SAP for this segment cleint does not want implement SAP and they are happy with current software.

They are planning to Interface between from Thired Party to SAP, they want show total consolidated revenue based on this. I already discussed with Technical (ABAP) and Business Team for this requirement.

Please can any funtional consultant help how to start and should I get any SAP Help or related documents or any link.

Please do the needful in this regard and waiting for your favourable reply.

Thanks in advace.

Regards,

Bhaskar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ABAP Technical consultant with basis guy help you.

at first you should take third party software file format in which they will send you information

like .dat or txt/xml or any readable format .

then you can setup ALE link between system and by abap read that file and store in the table and sap and do processing data as per your need in sap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

Thanks for your reply ASAP. Can you share documents/related links if you have any...

As per your explained I need to give either Std SAP cencern tables and fields or Zee tables and fields. An ABAPer can expects FS after all discussion as above you said.

And next part will be testing in the Dev client.

Please tell me whether correct or not as above I memtioned.

I want know one more thing that what is the difference between IDOC funtionality and Interface funtionality.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Bhaskar.

tamim_elmahmah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I will say that :

Idoc is standard functionality and best way to interface SAP with 3dt party software, as with Idoc you have all the standard errors checks and all error messages can be displayed,

and all errors can be re-executed once error corrected.

by Interface, you will need to create a program that will "read" your file, you can add your own file and data controls, but to handle error and re-run the files can be touchy (reject all file, only some entries...how to re-run partially a file.....)

Both ways works,n depending on your need,

One advise, if SAP is the Master software, you will need to impose the fields and format you need, the 3d software will have to follow and provide you the format as requested.

Tamim