cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Freinds,

What is difference betn SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW profile.

is sap_new has all content of sap_all and new one or not.

and also plz provide other standerd SAP profile.

Thanks.

sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hello Sachin,

SAP_ALL:- Which is a composite profile, normally assigned to administrators.

To assign all authorizations that exist in the SAP system to users, assign the profile SAP_ALL.(Normally all authorizations in the above sentence means,for SAP standard objects).

SAP_NEW: - Composite profile to bridge the differences in releases in the case of new or changed authorization checks for existing functions, so that your users can continue to work as normal. This composite profile contains very extensive authorizations, as, for example, organizational levels are assigned with the full authorization asterisk (*).

Let me say wat are the few things that i know which SAP_NEW authorzation object dont have the authorization to

1. Create a user ,Changer a user's record

2. Cant create a role and cant generate a profile.

Let me say wat are the few things tat SAP_NEW authorization object have,

like access to newly created customized objects

If u have any more queries regarding the difference between these two, refer this link: -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/52/6711b8439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Regards,

Kanthi. D

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Kanti...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Please note the below point in addition to points written by Kanthi...

" Composite profile to bridge the differences in releases in the case of new or changed authorization checks for existing functions, so that your users can continue to work as normal "

And this was the main intent for SAP_NEW profile...

during Upgrade rthis profile was created to cater to the Delta changes between two releases..

Hope you get all other info from the link already in thsi thread...

Vbr,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers