Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odata service for TM system

GowthamRaja
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to develop an app through Odata channel in SAP Netweaver Gateway. Usually we will use ECC as backend system. Now my requirement is the backend data has to come from Transport Management(TM) system. My question is how to get data from TM system do we need to create class & interfaces for Odata in TM system or in ECC after integration. Kindly help me on this issue.

Thanks,

Gowtham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Surekha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gowatham,

The latest way to create service in sap netwaever gateway service is to use segw TCODE.

It's very flexible method and u need not to worry about classes .System is geneerating classes and in that one class DPC_Ext in which crud method some more method are there.

You need to implement your code in the same class  method  only.

So i suggest to use SEGW ..

regards

Surekha

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP Transportation Management is heavily using the BOPF framework. So maybe it would be the fastet way to 'just' convert the underlying BOPF-object in an OData Service in the SEGW Transaction? It is explained here in the help, also with a step-by-step description. Of course your scenario has to be based on BOPF-enabled Objects. Transaction BOBT can help you with getting more details on the BOPF-Objects.

Gateway BOPF Integration (GBI) - SAP Library

or here:

Hope this helps,

Martin

GowthamRaja
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply which helped to understand and get some few ideas... Will get back to you if i have any doubts... Thanks again

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

based on system architecture ie, hub or embedded (refer ), you need to develop service in backend system and then need to register it to gateway system.

you will need to create service using transaction SEGW and create entities, associations etc and then generate DPC_EXT class. this class will have CRUDQ  methods where you need to write business logic.

you can also refer my blog for basic understanding of OData service development. Please refer

Regards,

Chandra

GowthamRaja
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrashekar,

We are using embeddeb architecture. Do we have to install the Gateway components in ECC or in TM system. How the data flow would be?

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are saying embedded architecture, I will assume that you will be doing service development as well as registration in the same system. and it would be your TM system itself. also your TM will be integrated with ECC for data flow.

I will clarify more with CRM system scenario. CRM is integrated with ECC and data flow happens with CRM middleware which insures that data is in sync between both the system. Now if I want to develop app based on CRM system using CRM data then I will have GW component installed on CRM and develop Odata service there.

I hope this will answer your question.

Regards,

Chandra

GowthamRaja
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrashekar,

I have read your replies for my discussion. Its really helpful for me. Still we are following Odata approach by creating model provider class & runtime data provider class and then creating service and then executing the service. is this the old methodology what we are doing.... Or the SEGW method what you have mentioned in your blog is the latest method... which is latest? Please help me and give some details...

Thanks,

Gowtham

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Creating services with SEGW is the correct and recent approach. in fact it creates MPC and DPC classes for you which otherwise you need to create manually.

Regards,

Chandra