Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call SAP PI mapping externally

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a way to call mappings in SAP PI (Messsage/Java/XSLT) externally, for example using SOAPUI?

I remember detroubulator, which was quite useful for automated unit testing of mapping programs. I don't suppose it is supported by latest versions of SAP PI( we are on 7.4).

Appreciate your inputs!

Thanks,

Sanjeev.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev

Unfortunately we don't have any API for calling PI mappings.

We have API for PI configuration objects so we can create configuration objects externally.

But mapping program has to be called inside PI.

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

Thanks for your reply. Was just wondering how did detroubulator connect with SAP PI and if there is a similar way of doing it with PI Java only stack.

It will be really useful for unit testing of complex mappings.

Thanks,

Sanjeev.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjev,

It's an interesting question. I think you could construct a "generic" scenario with a java mapping. Inside the java mapping you can receive an XML with the payload and some parameters to detect the mapping program to be called. Personally, i dont know if you can have problems like to try to call a mapping in a different SWCV, namespace, etc. There is a document to show a few examples about the cross-references between mapping programs http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f03df013-289f-2e10-acb9-d1fcf782a...

Regards.