Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PS Data Migration Project

adityanishant
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is my first data migration project. We have to migrate SAP PS transactional data from SAP 4.7 to SAP 6.0. My task is to migrate WBS element data to the new system. To do that I need to do field and Value mapping also. Please suggest how do we go about completing the task at hand and also suggest what else do we migrate in SAP PS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

adityanishant
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Now I have downloaded the WBS element data. I have down the field and value mapping. And I have taken the sign off of manager. Now he tells me to do the conversions before uploading it to the system. Whats the conversion he is talking about.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

conversion means i think sap format first do it in development system if every thing is okay then do the same in live system.

Regards,

Raman

adityanishant
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have already downloaded from SAP system. So I m sure its not conversion to SAP format.

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you decided which Data Migration Method (BDC, LSMW, BAPI).

For BDC and BAPI: You may take the help from ABAP team member.

LSMW: Please search thru the SDN, there are plenty of the help documents avaiable (One of such is

Hope it helps!

Thank you and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are in same system  you no need to create any migration data kind of thing if you are different systems yes you have to carried out the all the wbs data,budget e.t.c..

Regards,

Raman

adityanishant
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

Its a new system.

How do we do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if it's new system we have to entire ps configurtaion and then only we can able to migrate the project,wbs,network e.t.c data for the use bdc or bapi or lsmw take abaper help on this.

Regards,

Raman

adityanishant
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

My question is how do we do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have given the options i.e. bdc,bapi and lsmw with these tools we can load the data into sap.

Before that we have to test in development system if every thing is okay do the same into live system.

Regards,

Raman

adityanishant
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank u Raman. Appreciate you help. Also tell me how do we go about doing the data cleansing part and Mapping fields and values from old system to new system.

0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

You can first download data of Project, WBS, Network, Activity&Activity elements to separate Excels and create all these PS objects in the new system using respective Bapis.

Same procedure applicable to other data like Plan, Budget, Actual cost.

Regards

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is a new system, you can use BDC/LSMW/BAPI for uploading the data to PS.

Also topic have been already discussed in the forum. You can refer below threads for more info:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/912834

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3236416

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

download into excel use bdc,bapi,lsmw.

give points.

Regards,

Raman