Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Background job using transaction CATM

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Since we cannot schedule a background job using transaction CATM, I have created a program calling the CATM transaction through batch-input.

I have done a recording and entered the coding in a Z-program. For a vendor, I have recorded time in CAT2 for multiple purchase orders.

After entering the vendor number in CATM, all the purchase orders showed up. I have clicked 'select all' and posted.

When I run the program in the background, it posts only for one purchase order.

When I  run the program in the foreground, using the Select All-button it only proceeds with the first line in my list of PO's.

How to read the whole stack and post the whole stack of purchase orders? 

Please help me out with this.

Thanks

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

408 368 3837

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I run the program in the background, it posts only for one purchase order.

When I  run the program in the foreground, using the Select All-button it only proceeds with the first line in my list of PO's.

See..it's a Z-program so Its difficult to answer without checking the program. But I think, you should check your BDC again from Debugging, with the help of your abaper. You will find, why its is processing only one entry.

Regards

Shishir

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shishir,

Z program is a very simple program using recording from transaction CATM. It is like LSMW.

When I process in the foreground it selects all POs but post only the first PO.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

It seems somewhere it is breaking the flow of data posting.Do one testing, remove the very next PO (the PO next to the posted one PO) from the stack and then post again. If the stack gets posted or a number greater than 1 PO is posted then there is some error (master data,missing field,value etc) in the PO which you have removed from stack earlier.

Please check this way and let me know if it gives some clue.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you try debugging the program? Is it processing only one entry or second and then exit during debugging?

May be some problem in your next row  data of file.

Regards

Shishir

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I got your point. There is no issue with the purchase orders.

I have given an example how it works.

I have 3 POs for transfer in the stack.  First time it process PO-1 and come out.

Second time when I run, there will be 2 POs in the stack. This time it process PO-2 and come out.

Third time, there will be 1 PO in the stack. This time it process the remaining PO-3 and come out.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Your recording is OK. The issue is with your programming logic only. I think you should discuss with your ABAPer on it.

Regards

Saurabh

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I have changed the program. Just get the relevant values from table CATSEKKO and pass one by one and post it.

It works perfectly.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

Answers (0)