cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New users in IDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on IDM 7.2. I am using an event agent to look for changes in my repository for HR system (non-sap). I have added an event agent of type - Database table field, where I have mentioned the table name and the field which contains the unique id in HR system. I have also created a service which is connected to this agent.

The problem is when I am creating a new entry in HR system, it is not detecting that and I cannot see that new entry in IDM. The frequency for both agent and service is 30 secs. I can see the job log for the job which I have added to the agent runing every 30 sec.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Navee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Could anybody suggest some way out here? I am still facing the issue.

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Just to clarify, you have a problem with syncing the data from the HR or after the data is synced into some table?I can't get exactly the problem.

BR,

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simona,

I believe the problem is with data sync from hr system as on creating a new entry in hr system, it is not being made availabe in IDM. I am using an agent type 'database table field' mentioning the table name and the field to be watched.

Am I doing something incorrect with the event agent type for hr system?

Kind regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

Coming to the event agents. Honestly saying, I personally don't feel comfortable with them. The reason is they didn't work for me as expected. Mine was also same situation like yours.

So, finally I have created a job that fetches the information from the table I want to monitor. the pass is enabled with Delta on the unique filed from table which is my mskeyvalue in IDM too. So, Whenever the job runs only the changed records or new records comes to my IDM database. Deleted records will be knocked off.

I have scheduled it for 30 min frequency. With this i have never faced any issues. Working smooth. In you case, please decide on the frequency of the job to be scheduled based on the volume of data on the table.

All the best.

~ Krishna