cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizational Responsibility in SRM 7.02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please tell me what the purpose of the Responsibility tab in the SRM 7.02 Organizational Structure? Should the Responsibility tab in SRM 7.02 be used to restrict the Purchasing Group of a Shopping Cart creator?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

==============

A Purch.Grp. can exist under a Purch.Org. and be responsible for users

under other purchasing orgs. This is the purpose of the

'Responsibilities' tab in PPOMA_BBP.

==============

You may find the details of it in the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/b2/afe438b572b407e10000000

a114084/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ivy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Responsibility tab in Pr Grp is used to restricy the Purchasing group (Purchasers) responsibility in terms of Product category and Organisational elements.

A Pr Grp can be responsible for many organisation and can be applicable for many product categories.

Best Regards,

Anil

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Amy ,

Basically in SRM we cannot achieve the central purchase orgainzation like MM. But, you can follow a kind of workaround as below.

Say, You have two purchase orgainzations 1 and 2 under company A.

Similarly, Another company B has purchase organization 3.Now, you can make purchase orgainzation 3 responsible for purchase organization 1 and 2 as well.

How to achieve that:

Create a purchasing group under Purchase Organization 3 and assign the org units for purchase orgainzation 1 and 2 as well in the responsibilities tab. In this way, the buyers of the purchasing group can do buying for Purchasing org 1 and 2 as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

I guess you were talking about cross company purchasing scenario if I am not wrong

regards